ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois vs. Clones

🧐

Scared Iowa State GIF by NCAA March Madness

I believe the point he was trying to make is that the players the ISU coach had assembled were not "big time". Despite this, the clowns did very well during the season and in the tournament. He wasn't saying the assembly of the team was good coaching, he was saying the fact that these lesser-regarded players did so well was the evidence of good coaching.
That’s exactly what I was saying! Wasn’t eloquent enough I guess!

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
You seem like a reasonable, good guy---not trolling you. When I see a made up stat like ISU shooting 11'/25 layups, that is what I take issue with. Also it does strike me as a way of minimizing the loss---like implying freak bad luck that the easy layups were missed, otherwide ISU wins.

You have a twitter guy that came up with his own definition of a layup and his own boxscore----I don't see that stat as reliable. I watched the game. The one King missed on the alley oop was a missed layup. I didn't see 13 other supposed missed layups. Van Gundy the announcer was commenting on the high degree of difficulty in many of the shots that ISU was taking in the paint....I agree with Van Gundy, and I am not agreeing with your twitter guy Jeff Borzello who I've never heard of anyway.

I was impressed with ISU defense and they had tenacity. I can see why ISU fans so happy and yeah, hard for me to be happy for ISU.

Borzello covers CBB for ESPN and has for many years.

I think I’m just not explaining myself well to be honest. Iowa State must make close shots. It’s how their team is designed. Illinois’ length at every position was disruptive vs. Iowa State and that caused a very bad shooting % in close in shots.

If that’s how the game goes then Iowa State will likely lose. That happened and I’m not going to lose my mind over it. That’s all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT