ADVERTISEMENT

Intermat end of year grade rankings.

MVPFAN

HR Legend
Mar 10, 2003
Iowa- Kemerer #11, Turk #51, Wilke #100.

Other schools of note, not in any order:
ASU- #1, 3, 5, 29, 77.
OSU- #16,23,25,38,57,62.
UNI- #14,17,27.
ISU-#69
Minny- #8,15,42.
PSU- #7,83.
fosu- #4,13,54 (Kollin Moore should have been ranked as well)
Mizzou- #42,52,85
WVU- #18,22,39,86
Michigan- #2,40,56

2016 of note:

Hall- #1
Suriano- #2
Marinelli- #3
Yates- #15
Happel- #29
Young- #41

Also: Breske #9, Moore #10, Colbray#12, Bey #13

2015 of note:

S. Lee #1
N. Lee #2
Berge #3
Lawson (St. Paris) #7
Austin O'connor (IL) #11
Justin Mejia #15
Jason Renteria #17
Max Lyon #48

Last edited:
Reactions: SLP-O-8
Despite being out-recruited by ASU, OSU, UNI, Minny, Ohio State, and MIchigan, I'm still very excited about Kemerer.

Or maybe I should say despite being very excited about Kemerer, we still got out-recruited by ASU, OSU, Minny, Ohio State, and Michigan.

More studs like Kemerer please.

Despite being out-recruited by ASU, OSU, UNI, Minny, Ohio State, and MIchigan, I'm still very excited about Kemerer.

Or maybe I should say despite being very excited about Kemerer, we still got out-recruited by ASU, OSU, Minny, Ohio State, and Michigan.

More studs like Kemerer please.

Tarp...I'm hoping we have a "Godfather" moment. Remember when Don Corleone died and all the vultures were circling Michael Corleone...and he had them all whacked at once? Hoping Brands picks up a couple of great recruits in this manner. With this group of seniors leaving, one has to figure that he has the money.

Tarp...I'm hoping we have a "Godfather" moment. Remember when Don Corleone died and all the vultures were circling Michael Corleone...and he had them all whacked at once? Hoping Brands picks up a couple of great recruits in this manner. With this group of seniors leaving, one has to figure that he has the money.

Since we never know how the scholly money is distrubuted, I wonder if he's "saving" some for the next class [and hopefully Hall]. It would seem, to my un-trained eye, that we are getting ready for a big class since we're losing/lost so much this year.

Hall is a stud of all studs but I say cut our losses with him and go after Suriano, Yates, Happel, Colbray and Kamal Bey/Breske. Those 5 + Marinelli would be the start of something huge. It would also leave Spencer Lee as a nice but not necessary addition the next year (considering we have some from his class and size already committed). Now I don't think we get all of those 5 I mentioned but even 2-3 of them would be incredible.

Hall is a stud of all studs but I say cut our losses with him and go after Suriano, Yates, Happel, Colbray and Kamal Bey/Breske. Those 5 + Marinelli would be the start of something huge. It would also leave Spencer Lee as a nice but not necessary addition the next year (considering we have some from his class and size already committed). Now I don't think we get all of those 5 I mentioned but even 2-3 of them would be incredible.

Respectfully disagree on this. We need a 174 pounder and Marinelli and Hall back to back would be sweet. We have a real shot at Hall the #1 overall recruit, you don't pass on that shot. He is also a well known and well liked kid and that is great advertising for your program. I don't want to go to plan B before plan A gets sorted out. Honestly I don't feel getting 2-3 of the guys you mention will get it done without Hall or Lee. Bey had concussion issues and plays other sports as well I think, not sure if he is for sure a wrestler in the end. Happel is slotted where we have a number of bodies already so that needs to be thought out. Breske is good but did just lose in his state final so not untouchable, he also had been higher than 174 before this year so not sure he can hold that. Colbray is a stud as well but we really have no connection there that i know of, Cornell was mentioned in the most recent article as being in pursuit. I like Yates, it seems he likes us. Lee is also a #1 overall recruit we have an in with, you can't look the other way on that. He and Hall could be 50 points between the two of them. I agree we don't need 5 top flight recruits for 125-141 and 141 is only if one grows that much. We got two top 15 in their class guys verbaled, they are a year later than we need them if you want to redshirt first. Lee, Yates and Suriano have also been mentioned. If we can spread them to 141 the most I see being able to bring in is 4 guys. You got 2 verbals. Yates is said to be a good bet and he could do a redshirt and then go. I have heard fosu and psu for Suriano as well. I'm sure Rutgers will give a full. Lee can likely go from day #1 no redshirt if he wanted to. I say get Yates and see what happens with Lee. Worst case you end up with Yates, Mejia and Renteria, Marinelli and Young. Hopefully you add Hall, Berge and O'connor or Happel and Breske or a 197. Where Hall goes will dictate a lot. Aaron Bradley is another guy to factor in to everything.

Reactions: ggmditka
MVP, who are the ranked guys for WVU? Is Duggan or Moore not ranked? I figured they both would be with Flynn, Myers and Brown. I could even see the other Moore close to the top 100.

MVP, who are the ranked guys for WVU? Is Duggan or Moore not ranked? I figured they both would be with Flynn, Myers and Brown. I could even see the other Moore close to the top 100.

Moore, Meyers, Duggan and Brown were the ranked ones.

Big class for WV
No. 18 Keegan Moore Putnam City OK 141
No. 22 Austin Myers Campbell County KY 197/285
No. 39 Patrick Duggan Cumberland Valley PA 149/157
No. 86 Devin Brown Franklin Regional PA 125
Jonathan Ragsdale Gordon Lee GA 125
JD Gregory Hanover VA 125/133
Caleb Mariakis Ridgeland GA 141/149
Ryan Lopez University WV 149/157
Zachary Moore Putnam City OK 149/157
Connor Flynn Francis Howell MO 157/165
Dustin Gray Timberland MO 174
Bailey Faust Lexington OH 197

I believe Flynn is ranked as well. If not he should be IMHO. Pretty sure he beat Stroker last summer and now Manville.

Flynn also got pinned a month ago by Joe Smith who is going to the #2 ranked recruiting class "OSU". Just wanted to get the record straight about Flynn's wins and loses! :)

Yea, they both slipped on their shoe laces at the same time and head butted, Joe fell on top of Flynn. The only quality win from Joe his whole high school career.;) Joe wrestled 170 all year when he probably could of wrestled 152, and still ranked #5 in the toughest weight in high school.

Yea, they both slipped on their shoe laces at the same time and head butted, Joe fell on top of Flynn. The only quality win from Joe his whole high school career.;) Joe wrestled 170 all year when he probably could of wrestled 152, and still ranked #5 in the toughest weight in high school.

And once he gets to Okie State he will follow in Klimara and Kindigs shoes and get on the coke. The sky is the limit.

Not sure what is better in your mind- OSU (coke) or Iowa (burglary, drunken driving, resisting arrest, duck and rabbit hunting on campus). I think burglary tops them all, but I'm sure some of your wrestlers though the years has tried a little nose candy. Not passing judgement, but Weh8sthawk has. Something that happens on all campus, but not at Iowa (as pure as fresh yellow snow on the ground)!

Not sure what is better in your mind- OSU (coke) or Iowa (burglary, drunken driving, resisting arrest, duck and rabbit hunting on campus). I think burglary tops them all, but I'm sure some of your wrestlers though the years has tried a little nose candy. Not passing judgement, but Weh8sthawk has. Something that happens on all campus, but not at Iowa (as pure as fresh yellow snow on the ground)!

Haven't seen any burglary charges but surely you are not implying that drinking and doing coke or shooting a rabbit with a bow and doing coke is in the same hemisphere.

Looks like I will use your own excuse Weh (thanks for using that as a come back), hasn't seen a coke charge or charge that was taken to court on either person that you named. Also, adding Joe's name is classless. Does that mean that your guys are all guilty already or is it only for the wrestlers from other schools? Which of the two would you say is worse, coke or burglary, Mr Highroad?

Last edited:
Cocaine and burglary are both equally awesome but in the eyes of the law one will get you probation/rehab and the other 3-5.

Flyn lost to the same kid that lost to a 145lber? That was a bad loss for Flynn :p:D:rolleyes:
Papabear, he did, you have a good eye for talent, do you agree that Joe has made major strides this year in his wrestling? I see a big difference in his wrestling from the start of the season until now. The biggest improvement has been in his scoring from his ties.

Papabear, he did, you have a good eye for talent, do you agree that Joe has made major strides this year in his wrestling? I see a big difference in his wrestling from the start of the season until now. The biggest improvement has been in his scoring from his ties.
Joe has always been slick. I have only seen 3 of his matches this year. He looks stronger.

Looks like I will use your own excuse Weh (thanks for using that as a come back), hasn't seen a coke charge or charge that was taken to court on either person that you named. Also, adding Joe's name is classless. Does that mean that your guys are all guilty already or is it only for the wrestlers from other schools? Which of the two would you say is worse, coke or burglary, Mr Highroad?

http://www.ocolly.com/sports/article_e1d9bf52- Mike Tognetti, please read the last 2 sentences in this article. Charged with possession of a controlled dangerous substance. Plead not guilty.

The charges were dropped. What about Kindig and (I can foresee the future, Weh) Joe?

Last edited:
Who cares. I have no idea what is going on with the Iowa kids but count me as one who see doing a recreational drug hardly in the same category as burglary.

Drop it.

The charges were dropped. What about Kindig and (I can foresee the future, Weh) Joe?

I was just throwing Joe in to be an ass. The lack of repercussions in both cases alarms me. Klimara was reinstated before the season started. Surely you aren't pretending Kindig didn't have a problem. The 3 that were charged with alcohol related incidents should pay harsh penalties. If they entered anyones house and actually committed burglary they should be dismissed. I think the same should happen for cocaine. I don't agree with Donhawkeye, if it was pot slap their hands, cocaine, bye bye.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT