ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Baseball @ Bradley - time change

Mar 14, 2003
Iowa heads to Peoria, IL to take on the Bradley Braves. This is a chance for a good RPI win as Bradley currently sits as #13 in the RPI while Iowa is #18. It's a 7:00pm game, so hopefully Iowa can get it done. This is Iowa's last chance to collect a Top 50 RPI win vs a non-conference foe.

No idea on the starters yet. If I had to speculate I would say Connor Grant, but I could be wrong.

This post was edited on 4/14 8:49 AM by IowaHawkeyeFBnBB4Life

Re: Iowa Baseball @ Bradley

Unacceptable that a grand total of 2...2! Iowa regular season games are set to be televised on regular BTN. Fans want to see the team. /hijackrant

Yes this would be a big RPI boost. Need to kick the midweek blues we seem to have.

This post was edited on 4/13 1:54 PM by StormHawk42

Looks like Andrew Hedrick will get the start at Bradley. Should be interesting, he has only pitched like 1 2/3 inning all year and has a 16 ERA. Hedrick is one of those guys that if he is good with his command then he can be a guy that goes 5-6 inning.

Despite their record and RPI, Bradley is only in 4th place in the MVC at the moment, trailing Missouri State, Dallas Baptist and Wichita State.

Iowa loses another midweek game 5-4 to Bradley, this is getting old and ultimately I think will cost Iowa a regional bid, especially if we lose any of our midweek games coming up. The game on Wednesday vs Cornell, while you want to do win does absolutely nothing for our RPI due to it being a non-D1 game.

Iowa had 7 hits on the day.

Andrew Hedrick had a rough start as he went 1 2/3 allowed two hits but walked three and hit two. He also gave up a three run HR in the 2nd.

Iowa actually took a 4-3 lead despite their abysmal hitting. Bradley scored two in the 7th with two outs to win.

I hope I am wrong folks, but this midweek stuff is going to add up and cost Iowa unless we go like 19-5 in the B1G.

We need Toole to snap out of a rough stretch dating over a week now. We struggle offensively if he can't set the tone.

That said, winning the B1G outright will make up for many midweek hiccups. Let's Go Hawks.

Need to win our remaining midweek games. I find it very diificult to believe we sweep nw, mich, minn, and rutgers. Loses to any of them drop our rpi. Our remaining midweek games could sink it if we lose them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT