ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Baseball Rankings

Mar 14, 2003
Despite the loss to Western Illinois, the sweep of Purdue has moved Iowa up majorly in some polls.

We are "considered" in the D1Baseball.com Top 25
#25 in the Perfect Game poll
#15 in the College Baseball Newspaper D1 Top 30
eek.r191677.gif

#25 in Baseball America Top 25
Just outside the Top 25 in the USA Today/Coaches Poll, looks like #26
#29 in the NCBWA Top 25

This is somewhat uncharted territory for a lot of us that have followed Iowa baseball. This team is 21-7 currently, if they can beat UW-Milwaukee and find a way to win the series @ Maryland (not going to happen IMO) then we could really jump in these rankings. Still A LOT of baseball left, A LOT. However, this team has the road in front of them to do some things we haven't seen in a LONG time.

This is heady stuff for those of us who have followed Iowa baseball for literally decades! However, the real positive is that Heller seems like the ideal skipper to keep the kids from getting too high (or low) on themselves with the inevitable ups and downs of a long college baseball season.

That gives Doodle more hope than in any time in the recent past that maybe this is somewhat sustainable for more than a cup of coffee.

I agree with ya, Doodle.

The Saturday game against Nebraska will now begin at 3pm to allow fans to see both the spring game and the baseball game. Kudos to athletic department for encouraging fans to see our baseball squad.

Originally posted by 2bagger22:
I agree with ya, Doodle.

The Saturday game against Nebraska will now begin at 3pm to allow fans to see both the spring game and the baseball game. Kudos to athletic department for encouraging fans to see our baseball squad.
Awesome! I was planning on heading over from Des Moines to see my first ever Spring Game and first ever home baseball game

The month of April is big. Iowa goes to Maryland, I think Maryland is probably the most talented team in the B1G. I don't expect Iowa to win the series, but it would be nice to not get swept. We then have NW at home who we need to take care of business against and then Nebraska.

Iowa has Maryland, Nebraska, and Michigan left in what I would call teams that are fighting for post season bids. Iowa really has a chance to separate themselves from these three (good or bad). So we'll see what happens. It is fun to be relevant.

Originally posted by 2bagger22:
Fun to be relevant after how long we've been posting on this board, huh?
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Definitely. I love the talent Coach Heller has been able to bring in, especially the Juco guys this year and last year. A LOT of them have really made a difference.

ADVERTISEMENT