ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Baseball vs Bradley and Indiana

Mar 14, 2003
Iowa faces Bradley on Wednesday at 3 and Indiana this weekend at 3, 2, 1 in Iowa City. These will all be tough games and we need the fan support. These are big rpi games too. I will be in Las Vegas through the weekend so I do not have a lot to add til Sunday probably.

As a sidenote the new scoreboard is up and they were running tests on it this evening when I was leaving the hospital. Looks pretty nice are pretty big.

Would be pretty huge if we could get 3 out of the next 4 but it will be a major challenge

Don't look now but we're undefeated in conference play
smokin.r191677.gif

Huge to start 1-0 in the conference with a W over Indiana at that. Need to get one more this weekend against the Hoosiers! Go Hawkeyes!

Hawks need to win at least one more to salvage a split out of this stretch after losing to Bradley. Otherwise it's more Iowa baseball BAU. Tease the fans of something better and then back to the middle of the road.

Originally posted by EvilMo...Closet:
Hawks need to win at least one more to salvage a split out of this stretch after losing to Bradley. Otherwise it's more Iowa baseball BAU. Tease the fans of something better and then back to the middle of the road.
Trust Ol' Doodle when he tells you this, Doodle TOTALLY understands your pessimism. Imagine the utter baseball hell it has been for Doodle as a fan of the Hawks on the collegiate level and Pirates in MLB. But sometimes it is just a matter of getting the right on field leadership in place. Heller seems to know what he is doing. Let's give him a chance to prove (or disprove) it over the next several years. It is only year two, but the program seems lightyears ahead of where it was under the previous two regimes already!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Hawk-A...le-Doo:
Originally posted by EvilMo...Closet:
Trust Ol' Doodle when he tells you this, Doodle TOTALLY understands your pessimism. Imagine the utter baseball hell it has been for Doodle as a fan of the Hawks on the collegiate level and Pirates in MLB. But sometimes it is just a matter of getting the right on field leadership in place. Heller seems to know what he is doing. Let's give him a chance to prove (or disprove) it over the next several years. It is only year two, but the program seems lightyears ahead of where it was under the previous two regimes already!

The culture changes the day Heller took over. While they may not win the B1G this year, I don't think Iowa is going to hang around the middle of the pack for long.

Coming into today, the Hawks were #20 in the RPI, while going 4-2 against the top 50. Only OSU at 19 was higher in the B1G.

RPI

Hawks snag another from IU, 5-1. Hickman went 8 innings, allowing 3 hits. 4 run 7th led the Hawks. Great win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT