ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Baseball vs Indiana - B1G Tournament

Hoping for a big win here. Why aren't we the home team, as we have the higher seed? Is that done by coin flip?

What a turn of events. IU's first two batters reach.....then they have a failed hit-and-run where runner was tagged at 3rd in a run-down.....then a strike-out/throw-out double-play with Morial throwing out the baserunner at 2nd to escape the inning unscathed.

Not exactly the easy coasting start you'd like....but no harm, no foul.

Mathews is the type of guy I've noticed, that if a team is going to get to him then it is early. So hopefully he settles down and can give Iowa five or six quality innings. We need it.

Well Iowa is done. Oh well. At least the made progress and won more games this year during the regular season. It's the little things. Maybe someday Iowa will allow themselves (and be allowed) to do something meaningful in postseason play besides being there.

BAU....right?

I am hopeful that Iowa can get into regionals, been A LOT of upsets in conference tournaments of teams that would have for sure bids. Lets hope the committee judges Iowa by what they did all season and not just this weekend. Easily the worst Iowa has looked all season in consecutive games. Plus, I don't think it'd make a difference but we haven't gotten any favors from this ump crew today or last night.

Reactions: Cougar63
Theyre in already, but hosting would be great

Hosting is not going to happen IMO. Now, we may fall to a 3 in seeding at a regional, which doesn't really make a difference as its 2 v 3. Hopefully if our name is called on Monday, we avoid playing in a regional at one of the national seeds.

So I guess going off the theme from every other big sport we should talk about the firing of both Heller AND Barta together since this yet another sport Iowa didn't win a Big Ten championship in. That is what we're suppose to do isn't it....

I think Rutgers garbage baseball and the fact that they won the series rubbed off on Iowa unfortunately. Basically they've looked pretty poor since that series.

I think Rutgers garbage baseball and the fact that they won the series rubbed off on Iowa unfortunately. Basically they've looked pretty poor since that series.

They have looked poor vs Indiana and Michigan. However, Peyton was dealing thru six vs Ohio State and lost it some in the 7th. Iowa played well that game, just ran into Lakins from OSU who can be a monster on the mound.

As I type this, it looks like Joel Booker may have been safe, but that doesn't seem to matter to the guy at 1B. He calls what he wants, as we saw last night.

We're at a point in the game where I'd like to see a guy like Nick Gallagher get some work. He was OK in most midweek games. I'd like to see what he can do against a lineup like Indiana. Going to need Gallagher to step up next year big time IMO, so I'd like to see if he can have any success vs the IU lineup.

Reminiscent of of the 90 season where the team hit a major slump at the end of the season, won one game in the B10 tournament over OSU and then got bounced. Did make the NCAA but went 0-2, don't recall but both losses might have been shut outs.

Iowa loses 10-2, definitely two of our worst games all season from a pitching/defensive stand point the last two days.

Iowa is now 39-16 on the season.

Reminiscent of of the 90 season where the team hit a major slump at the end of the season, won one game in the B10 tournament over OSU and then got bounced. Did make the NCAA but went 0-2, don't recall but both losses might have been shut outs.
BAU for Iowa baseball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT