ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Baseball vs. Michigan - BIG 10 Tourney

BondHawk

HR Heisman
Jun 27, 2001
Coralville, Iowa
Figured I would get this party started with first pitch just over an hour way. Let's go Hawks!!!

On a side note, MSU just hit a grand slam in the bottom of the 8th to cap off a six-run outburst and pull back ahead of Nebraska 9-7.

Nebraska is out, losing 9-7. Ends our season. Good luck rest of the way Iowa

Day and Toole with back-to-back dingers...24 hours apart ;)

Annnddd Michigan hits one of their own

Need to pull Hickman. For whatever reason, he doesn't have it against Michigan.

My thoughts too, I am not sure what it is. He cannot have a good outing vs Michigan for whatever reason. Like Danan said, Michigan seems to just take-take-take on ALL his off speed stuff. They just look for his fastball.

I wanna know how a team hits .300 but has 23 losses

They've really teed off on some teams with wins where they score 7+ runs. On the flip side, they've really struggled in weekend series vs quality teams. They might win a game or two here but they've lost series vs Nebraska (swept), Kansas, Iowa, Oklahoma State, Long Beach State. Plus they didn't sweep teams like Penn State or Minnesota.

Talk about some luck...ball hits Michigan player then bounces all over and he advances to 3rd. Then the guy plows over Frankos and nothing by blue.

Alright Michigan you've had your fun. Now f***in start trying to lose here, let Iowa score 5 runs, and stop pandering to the Big Ten favoring Michigan schools in these smaller sport tournaments such as softball and baseball. Thank you...

Michigan wins 8-5, they continue to give Iowa fits.

Iowa vs Indiana @ 3:30pm on Friday in an elimination game. The game will be on BTN.

Is Iowa still gonna make the NCAA tournament?......................................................................................

Went to the game yesterday and boy was that tough to watch. No flow to the game on Iowa's side. Felt like Michigan was up to bat 5 times longer then Iowa. Even though tough to watch it was nice to see this team live. Hopefully they pick it up today.

So with Frankos -
The runner may not attempt to dislodge the ball from the fielder. Contact
above the waist shall be judged by the umpire as an attempt by the runner
to dislodge the ball.
PENALTY—If the contact is flagrant or malicious before the runner touches
the plate, the runner shall be declared out and also ejected from
the contest. The ball is immediately dead and all other base
runners shall return to the last base touched at the time of the
interference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT