ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Baseball vs Minnesota

Mar 14, 2003
Iowa baseball hosts Minnesota this weekend in Iowa City at 6, 2, and 1 on Fri, Sat, Sun. However, weather will be a concern and could impact the series so keep your eyes open. Weather has had a huge impact on all of Iowa's home series, so why not again?

Minnesota has struggled this year, but they have played OK the last month or so and do have some talent on the team. Especially their Friday guy in Ben Meyer and other position guys like Handel, Halloran, and Motl.

If the series schedule is altered I am not sure how they will do it. You run into a concern with both teams playing DH on Sat or Sun due to the Thu-Sat series the following week since the B1G tournament is upcoming.

Bump.

May be going Sunday. Also wondering if tickets could be an issue?

Hawks win 7-3

Don't look now, but the Iowa women are up on #12 Minnesota 2-0 in the 6th. Minnesota has outscored Iowa 34-0 in the last 5 meetings. Wow.

Iowa wins game two to secure the series 10-2. Iowa scored four runs in the 1st and four in the 2nd. Got some big bases loaded hits today, which is nice to see. Blake Hickman threw six innings and gets credited with the W.

Crowd was 2,437.

Iowa is now 36-12, 17-3 in the B1G.

Illinois won a DH vs Rutgers today, but it wasn't easy winning 5-4 and 6-2.

Iowa wins game two to secure the series 10-2. Iowa scored four runs in the 1st and four in the 2nd. Got some big bases loaded hits today, which is nice to see. Blake Hickman threw six innings and gets credited with the W.

Crowd was 2,437.

Iowa is now 36-12, 17-3 in the B1G.

Illinois won a DH vs Rutgers today, but it wasn't easy winning 5-4 and 6-2.

Iowa...is 36-12...in baseball. If only Al Michaels would ask that "Do you believe in miracles question?" again; this time, I know I'd be ready with my answer.

Reactions: 3boysmom
Who thinks Iowa has a chance to win the big ten regular season title? Will Illinois please lose a couple!

Iowa would pretty much need to win out and hope that Illinois loses today and Nebraska gets one next week.

Illinois is winning 24-11 in the 8th against Rutgers. Umm wow.

Not sure they're gonna lose again before the NCAA's

So here is the deal....

Iowa needs to sweep Illinois and have Nebraska take 2/3 from Illinois to win the B1G, that would put Iowa at 21-3 and Illinois at 20-3 in the B1G and we'd win based on winning %

OR

Iowa wins 2/3 from Rutgers to go 20-4 in the B1G and Nebraska sweeps Illinois for them to go 19-4 in the B1G.

Those are the two ways Iowa can win the regular season title. It will definitely be a challenge as Rutgers played Illinois pretty tough this weekend. Nebraska kind of has their backs against the wall heading into next weekend. So we shall see....

Nebraska took a bad hit today losing to Purdont. They will really be fighting for their NCAA lives.

Nebraska took a bad hit today losing to Purdont. They will really be fighting for their NCAA lives.

Huskers HAVE to win on Monday against Purdue and probably have to sweep Illinois (plus have a strong B1G tourney showing) to be considered for an at-large NCAA berth now.

Huskers HAVE to win on Monday against Purdue and probably have to sweep Illinois (plus have a strong B1G tourney showing) to be considered for an at-large NCAA berth now.

Nebraska wins today and takes 1/3 from Illinois. I still think they are in good shape, mid 30's RPI. They lose to Purdue today, then they probably have to sweep Illinois and win one or two in the trny.

I can't lie, as someone that lived in Omaha, I can't wait for the day that UNO (my school), Creighton, and Nebraska all get into the CWS. Would be extremely insane to see the stadiums.

Nebraska wins today and takes 1/3 from Illinois. I still think they are in good shape, mid 30's RPI. They lose to Purdue today, then they probably have to sweep Illinois and win one or two in the trny.

Nebraska loses 9-6 to Purdue, Boilers win their first B1G series of the year. Ugggggh.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT