ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa loses baseball series to UNO

Mar 14, 2003
I thought only winning 2/3 was very possible. I did not see losing the series though. Iowa definitey took a HUGE step backwords this weekend after some good wins the first few weeks. Iowa is now 8-8 on the year with a game against Coe on Tuesday and Big Ten play this weekend.

Iowa lost 7-6 to UNO on Monday. The one blemish was Iowa giving up 7 runs in the 5th, only three of which were earned. One error led to four unearned runs. I sometimes wonder what goes through Coach Dahm's mind when he makes or does not make pitching changes. When a guy is walking runs in, hitting batters, it's obvious he lacks control for the day and doesn't have it. So why keep them in? Maybe there are more people familiar with Dahm's thinking than I am. I've just noticed a trend over his years that he sticks with certain guys it seems even when it's apparent they don't have anywhere near their best stuff that day.

And UNO has been D-I what, a year and a half?

How much snow did Iowa City get today? As of 4 PM the Coe game is still on for tomorrow. :D

I just don't understand Jack Dahm teams. They beat some quality teams in Austin Peay and New Mexico, then lose a series to UNO. I've never seen a guy recruit top three classes in the conference on a regular basis and then finish bottom three on an almost regular basis as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT