ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Recruit state tourney info - CA and PA

Lee wins by pin in middle of 2nd. Looks like he was giving up 15 pounds. Up 8 to 0 and ref was holding 3 at the time of pin

Did anyone see what Lee's problem was in the 2nd round? I wonder if he might have been a little banged up. The lack of performance there worries me a little.

Originally posted by Needanap:
Kemerer beats Duggan 3 to 2
Congratulations Mike Kemerer! Finally got one to go his way in The Finals! Well done young man.

Originally posted by WWDMHawkeye:
Did anyone see what Lee's problem was in the 2nd round? I wonder if he might have been a little banged up. The lack of performance there worries me a little.
Could be just a room guy?

If there is one thing I have learned the past few years is I want to see recruits who can get take downs. Take downs win matches and if they can ride as well then bonus. I don't want guys who are mat wrestlers but limited on their feet, slow feet and trouble getting TDs never seems to get a whole lot better in college. We need to get guys with some athletic ability! No more pushing plodders!

Originally posted by bchawkfan:
I see a lot of talk about Lee. Is a suspected to be an iowa lean?
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Suspected? Maybe by some, but I don't think anyone really knows. And there may not even be anything to know at this point - the kid is still just a sophomore.

Agree 1000% with MVP. Recruiting needs in the future should be all about guys who attack from the feet. that is what wins the majority of the time.

Originally posted by BruceK-PSU83:

Originally posted by bchawkfan:
I see a lot of talk about Lee. Is a suspected to be an iowa lean?
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Suspected? Maybe by some, but I don't think anyone really knows. And there may not even be anything to know at this point - the kid is still just a sophomore.
I don't believe the thought is that he's an Iowa lean. Now go away.

Wow....Mejia got really lucky the last 2 scrambles

Campbell almost had a takedown at the edge of the mat and right at the end, Campbell almost had the td and nearfall

Mejia wins 1-0

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT