ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Spring Football Depth Charts (Deacon QB2; Marco QB3) + KF Press Conference

think about this... is it possible for guys to significantly improve from one year to the next ?
Deacon had really bad passing technique last year with a low windup down by his knees (which was the cause of most of his fumbles). If Lester can shorten up his throwing motion and have him practice if a whole lot so the muscle memory is permanent then maybe Hill can improve his accuracy and ability to put some touch on the ball without the long windup

Reactions: F5n5
I still find it troubling in that mic'd up video that Lester is harping about footwork.

My gosh, there's so many things he has to fix and he has to fix our QBs' footwork? 3 of our 4 QBs are in at least their 2nd year. Why didn't Brian fix this last season? ;)
Brian knows linemen footwork, what were you thinking!!!!

Oh we have talent. We will probably never see an Iowa qb run the ball 20 times a game. We will probably never see them gain more ten 5-7 yards at a time. BUT we do not need them to. Yeah we
(Michigan scored 26 on us and PSU 31. If we could have put up 21 in either of those games, it completely changes the dynamics of the game.)
Correct and Mich only had to go about 15 yards for 2 of their TDs in that Champ Game. Mich players are on record that the Iowa defense just stuffed them

Reactions: sober_teacher
Graduate senior quarterback Spencer Petras, a transfer from Iowa, led Utah State as he was 26-of-34 passing for 295 yards with two touchdowns, while fellow graduate senior Cooper Legas was 16-of-22 passing for 115 yards. Junior Bryson Barnes, a transfer from Utah, was 7-of-10 for 95 yards and sophomore McCae Hillstead was 6-of-10 from 45 yards.

A very good passing scheme along with very good pass blocking and receivers who get open and Petras might have a very good year. I would like to see it happen.

I would really like to see him make an NFL squad or practice squad which would show just how lame Brian and Kirk had things going on offense.

Correct and Mich only had to go about 15 yards for 2 of their TDs in that Champ Game. Mich players are on record that the Iowa defense just stuffed them
Iowa D allowed about 1/4 the yards Michigan gained in their two playoff games.

A very good passing scheme along with very good pass blocking and receivers who get open and Petras might have a very good year. I would like to see it happen.

I would really like to see him make an NFL squad or practice squad which would show just how lame Brian and Kirk had things going on offense.

I hope Spencer gets over the yips. He would have receivers wide open and either throw it into the ground or way over their head.

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
I hope Spencer gets over the yips. He would have receivers wide open and either throw it into the ground or way over their head.
I get a feeling he will because he probably won't have a coach that tells him "don't throw picks, go for the safe throw and get rid of it, take a sack vs throw it, etc. Make sure we let our defense do it's thing".

Instead I hope if he makes a bad throw the QB coach will talk about his arm position, his read, his feet, etc.....in other words...COACH him.
Brian was not capable of working with a QB. He does not know what to tell him except "don't do negative stuff!".

Anyway that is my take

I get a feeling he will because he probably won't have a coach that tells him "don't throw picks, go for the safe throw and get rid of it, take a sack vs throw it, etc. Make sure we let our defense do it's thing".

Instead I hope if he makes a bad throw the QB coach will talk about his arm position, his read, his feet, etc.....in other words...COACH him.
Brian was not capable of working with a QB. He does not know what to tell him except "don't do negative stuff!".

Anyway that is my take
I agree with your comments. The genius Ferentzx2 has had QB's so concerned with not making mistakes (except Hill who seems to have a pass) they became hesitant and incompetent. JMO

I agree with your comments. The genius Ferentzx2 has had QB's so concerned with not making mistakes (except Hill who seems to have a pass) they became hesitant and incompetent. JMO

yeah, it was embarrassing for them that they told us that they were playing Deacon Hill because of ball security concerns

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT