ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State Offers Iowa City West's Devontae Lane

Oh the irony in everything you say. TJ was brought in for a reason, promises were made behind the scenes. Once I'm right, you'll back pedal like always, which has to be gatting hard with your weight and age.
I'm not backpedaling in any respect. I'm recognizing you aren't as smart as I gave you credit for being, and trying to write down at your level so we can communicate. I have no idea about promises made "behind the scenes," so I haven't said anything about the issue one way or the other. Are you going to invent something I didn't say, so you can later say I backpedaled when I didn't say it again?

Oh the irony in everything you say. TJ was brought in for a reason, promises were made behind the scenes. Once I'm right, you'll back pedal like always, which has to be gatting hard with your weight and age.
TJ was promised a one year contract and isn't allowed to actively seek other employment, or didn't you read the contract that was posted. Making accusations that are not true can get you in hot water. You must have a miserable life to find pleasure in attacking well respected people.

TJ was promised a one year contract and isn't allowed to actively seek other employment, or didn't you read the contract that was posted. Making accusations that are not true can get you in hot water. You must have a miserable life to find pleasure in attacking well respected people.
Fh coaching career is coming to an end because of his health. He couldn't wear a tie last year for Christ sake. I'm not attacking anyone you stupid ass, I'm making a statement. TJ was brought in for a reason, that's all I'm saying. If you can't read between the lines, it makes you an idiot. Washingtons coach hinted as much. If you're talking about lone clone, he is not well respected, he was a small time journalist, big time office perv, who now spends his last days on his rivals message board.

I'm not backpedaling in any respect. I'm recognizing you aren't as smart as I gave you credit for being, and trying to write down at your level so we can communicate. I have no idea about promises made "behind the scenes," so I haven't said anything about the issue one way or the other. Are you going to invent something I didn't say, so you can later say I backpedaled when I didn't say it again?
With this kind of logic, I see why why you were a failed journalist.

Reactions: Bob Backlund
Fh coaching career is coming to an end because of his health. He couldn't wear a tie last year for Christ sake. I'm not attacking anyone you stupid ass, I'm making a statement. TJ was brought in for a reason, that's all I'm saying. If you can't read between the lines, it makes you an idiot. Washingtons coach hinted as much. If you're talking about lone clone, he is not well respected, he was a small time journalist, big time office perv, who now spends his last days on his rivals message board.
Ah, it must be relish.....embarrasses himself with his posts, and reacts by lashing out with personal attacks. BAU.

For the record:

1. I don't think I was the well-respected person he was talking about. I think that probably was Fred.

2. I've never heard the "office perv" thing before. I'll give you credit for breaking new ground there.

3. Just because you never saw my byline doesn't mean I was a failed journalist. Not everyone aspires to write for "Tiger Beat."

Reactions: MTHawkeyes43
I think in-state talent is getting better across the board because of BB camps and AAU programs which develops corn stalks into ears of corn.

That line was dropped so fast because there is no good player out of SC since Hinrich, Copernicus .
LoL
I,m not saying that the state is as good as Illinois or Ohio, but is vastly improved to years past. UNI had a great season using Iowa players. Iowa has Jok, Bauer, Woody, Jones, and McCaffery, and Pemsl.

LoL
I,m not saying that the state is as good as Illinois or Ohio, but is vastly improved to years past. UNI had a great season using Iowa players. Iowa has Jok, Bauer, Woody, Jones, and McCaffery, and Pemsl.

We're talking about players out of Sioux City, not the entire state of Iowa.

To avoid looking foolish, read before you post.

Nate Funk is seventh on the career scoring list at Creighton (1,754 career points), and Ben Jacobson is 3rd on the career scoring list at UNI (1,787 career points). Both are Sioux City preps post-Hinrich.

Nate Funk is seventh on the career scoring list at Creighton (1,754 career points), and Ben Jacobson is 3rd on the career scoring list at UNI (1,787 career points). Both are Sioux City preps post-Hinrich.

Ben Jacobson was born in SC but played high school ball in Mayville, North Dakota. Funk had a good career, but at a mid-major.

Getting back on topic (yeah, probably futile, but...): It sounds from this article that Devontae really likes ISU/Fred. Granted, it's in the Ames Tribune, so maybe he's just hyping them up. I'm really hoping Iowa is in on him and Fran offers as I think, after watching him a few times, he has the potential to be a really good four year player. Plus, he has a built-in connection with Connor.

Catching Up with Devontae Lane

Two players in Iowa's backyard..Lane & Wieskamp.

If Lane played elsewhere or in another state I'm not sure ISU would have offered. His outside shot is not a strength...although plenty of time to get better considering he has 2 years of high school ball to go. He is an athlete that has outplayed his opponent up to this point...it will be interesting to see how that goes in the future (even this summer).

I find the ISU offer (this early) interesting...I'm sure Fran won't adjust his timeline just because ISU offered. Depends if the kid will be patient or be told...commit or we move on...won't be Iowa stating such....remember he is class of 2017.

Wieskamp is different... Frans' offer was a reaction to ISU in my opinion..he won't lose this kid to ISU.

Reactions: KeyWest Tim
Good analysis, bob, and I think you're probably right. Lane definitely does need some polish to his game before he's ready to be a high major player, but the physical tools are there. Iowa taking a wait-and-see approach on him is probably the smart thing to do, it would just be a shame if we miss out on him if he does happen to blow up. I guess that's the "fun" in recruiting :)

So ISU only offers out of state kids...or they only offer kids because they are from iowa? This board confuses me.

Reactions: mtdew_fever
So ISU only offers out of state kids...or they only offer kids because they are from iowa? This board confuses me.
Maybe you should go hang out on Cyclone Fanatic where the IQ level is more commiserate with your critical thinking skills.....

Reactions: ozziesimmons22
Freddie will throw out offers like this because he knows they aren't binding. Freddie is the basketball version of Saban.

Internet rule #1: don't try to use big words when calling out someone's intelligence if you don't know what they mean.

Commensurate. That's the word you wanted. Commiserate means something different.

This is one of those drop the mic and walk off the stage moments . Well done.

Bump

Yikes, I feel like I've since mended things with LC a bit. I was angry that day, would take back my comments about him if I could.

As far as the rest, I still to this day think FH brought back TJ to take over the HC job, as he was done. I thought to health reasons after FH's heart scare, little did I know it would be to an NBA team. FH hired him on April 1 2015, then left in June, just two months later. Pollard went against the grain and hired Prohm. TJ coached his one year and left to SDSU. Either way, my point was correct in that FH was leaving, so thanks for reminding me of how awesome I am.

And now it appears that the cyclones were beaten out by Juco Indian Hills for Mr Lane's services.

Yikes, I feel like I've since mended things with LC a bit. I was angry that day, would take back my comments about him if I could.

As far as the rest, I still to this day think FH brought back TJ to take over the HC job, as he was done. I thought to health reasons after FH's heart scare, little did I know it would be to an NBA team. FH hired him on April 1 2015, then left in June, just two months later. Pollard went against the grain and hired Prohm. TJ coached his one year and left to SDSU. Either way, my point was correct in that FH was leaving, so thanks for reminding me of how awesome I am.

Trumpian response.

It's the Internet, Relish. ;)

Seriously you went back 22 months worth of threads to reignite this one no less a fan from another team. Obsessed much....wow just wow.

For the life of me I still have no clue what's the point of doing so by this clone or what he's hoping to accomplish.

Seriously you went back 22 months worth of threads to reignite this one no less a fan from another team. Obsessed much....wow just wow.

For the life of me I still have no clue what's the point of doing so by this clone or what he's hoping to accomplish.

Wait clown fans are obsessed with big bro Iowa? Not quite to the level of obsession as shown on cryclown fanatic but the clowns here are doing their best.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT