ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Women's Wrestling to host Trailblazer Duals on November 12

Todd Conner

HR MVP
Dec 23, 2004

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hwks!

I still can't figure out how we are a month away from Iowa Womens Wrestling's first season and we know nothing. No schedule, no conference, no season ticket info. It is a complete marketing failure. These ladies came here to put Iowa's women's program at top, and we do don't market their hard work at all. Someone in sports marketing and AD's office needs to feel some heat for lack of support.

I still can't figure out how we are a month away from Iowa Womens Wrestling's first season and we know nothing. No schedule, no conference, no season ticket info. It is a complete marketing failure. These ladies came here to put Iowa's women's program at top, and we do don't market their hard work at all. Someone in sports marketing and AD's office needs to feel some heat for lack of support.
I would say that it's too early to call it a failure. We're all (Coach Chun, new Hawkeye wrestlers, Hawkeye fans) just getting our game on with this. What we need are some crushing Hawkeye women that we can support and follow. A little dominance on the mat will go a long way to generating more interest. There's marketing and then there's having something to market.
Also, we didn't have a final men's schedule until when? Three weeks ago? Why that?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT