ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa's great football survey!

daniel22

All-Conference
Sep 16, 2002
I am sure it has been talked about, but I listened to a hawkeye podcast yesterday and agreed with the criticism that they Iowa's football survey. If they wanted any actual feedback from fans, they would have asked questions regarding the gameday environment, music, tailgating, parking, things that can be changed. Instead they asked questions that were very, well I don't know the word, weak. It is almost like they wanted the fans to answer the questions the way they would. Obviously, we want to go to the games and watch are teams win every game. We want to recruit and push the envelope to get the best talent to IC and we want the players to be good students. It just seems like they were trying to make us think like the administration and be content with mediocre football and not put much importance on winning. Iowa and some of there staff is so out of tune with the fans it is laughable, which is why people on ESPN sort of poked fun at this survey on why do we have to choose. My belief is that Iowa always could count on fans paying money for tickets and going to games and spending money, that they didn't have to work very hard to try to keep fans happy and understand what we want. Now I think Iowa fans are sort of getting disgruntled and the administration doesn't know a good want of giving us what we want when it comes to the athletic events that we attend. I do believe there needs to be some shaking up in the department, just so new ideas can flow and a change in how we market and promote our athletics.

ISU has always had the short end of the stick, which is why they push the envelope more with how their administration markets to fans. They can't just sit back and hope the fans come, because fans will not come to a 2-10 football program all the time, but at ISU they do. Just wish Iowa would sort of use some common sense before sending out pointless surveys for us to answer

ADVERTISEMENT