ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa's new uniforms | Adidas version

PHXIowaClub

HR Heisman
Nov 27, 2002
Arizona
iowa_jersey_neb.png

Those are not to bad. I actually liked the banana stripped ones we had when Hayden changed the uniforms up. I can live with what this picture shows.

Is this the rival uniform thing. It doesn't look that bad, actually.

I think we can do better. Not impressed. Looks like a couple of jr. High kids had a 1/2 hr. With nothing to do and through that together...

I think I saw that picture about a year ago under some alternative uniform ditty on a sports site somewhere. It showed teams in opposing team colors. If you notice, it has a big gold (red) N on it. Actually, I kind of like it.

That's right Pepe. Not sure Adidas had anything to do with this.

Another ugly atrocity. Tired of everybody screwing with uniforms. You can count on one finger the ones that have been acceptable. Schools have colors. Schools have tradition. Combine the two and you have a uniform. Move on.

Iowa fans on this board have been punked. Look at the field. The uniform design is Nebraska's. It's Tommy Armstrong. The uniform and N logo have been colorized (red to black, white to yellow).

Reactions: icu81222
Iowa fans on this board have been punked. Look at the field. The uniform design is Nebraska's. It's Tommy Armstrong. The uniform and N logo have been colorized (red to black, white to yellow).

I tried explaining that to them earlier, as well as a couple others... The what would your rivals look like in your teams color scheme. They must not have seen the red and yellow (ISU) Iowa uniforms.

I think it's Ameer Abdullah, but yes those are Nebraska unis.

I wouldn't mind Iowa using the throwbacks we wore against Ball State in 2010. Those were the late 50s/Evy era uniforms, similar to the pic above. I don't see why we couldn't do that once a year like Notre Dame and their green jerseys etc etc.

Those unis are simple, but still unique to Iowa and look good without trying to do too much.

Those unis are simple, but still unique to Iowa and look good without trying to do too much.[/QUOTE]

Kind of like the offense; simple, unique and not trying to do too much... :cool:

i can't stand those uni's they wore against purdue. The only 2 throwbacks that looked good in my opinion were the 2010 throwbacks against Ball State and the 2005 throwbacks against Kent State.

100925IowaThrowbacks01.jpg

chad.jpg

Obviously when I saw the pic the other day this was fake. After all, from the subject line alone why would Adidas have anything to do with anything Iowa related. Not sure if the OP was just new to Photoshop ... anywho ... I do think with Iowa's black and gold scheme there are a lot of cool variations Nike could come up with. Not saying we have to become an Oregon, but the players like that sort of thing and for fans it is fun as well ...

Those unis are simple, but still unique to Iowa and look good without trying to do too much.

Kind of like the offense; simple, unique and not trying to do too much... :cool:[/QUOTE]
Simple...maybe. Not trying to do too much.....depends on which fans you ask given their specific complaint.

Unique? If we actually still operate out of the pro style (believe it's changed under Greg Davis....or he's tried to), there are still a ton of teams that run variations of the pro style/power-I/one-back set.

Iowa's offense ain't one of a kind. We just aren't very creative in the manner in which plays are called.

I thought these were the ugliest uniforms I'd ever seen, at the time. They still rank right up there. From the stands they made Iowa look like a flock of scrawny chickens.

376243716_5b80125585_z.jpg
[/

I thought these were the ugliest uniforms I'd ever seen, at the time. They still rank right up there. From the stands they made Iowa look like a flock of scrawny chickens.

We do need the gold helmets once in a while at the very least. Why not a gold version of our current helmet with a black tigerhawk? Why would that not look good?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT