ADVERTISEMENT

iPad/iphone/iCloud storage help

HawkMachine

HR Heisman
Jul 6, 2020
IOWA
I have an iPhone and 2 iPads that are synced up. I also have an iCloud that I pay a monthly amount to.

My main iPad that we use to video kid’s sporting events is getting full. It’s 256 GB.

It looks like my iCloud account I’m paying for is 200 GB. I’m using 185 GB.

I’m not a moron when it comes to technology but I’m a moron when it comes to storage and Apple products.

I need to clear up space on this main iPad tonight as my son wrestles tomorrow. I’ve deleted some items to clear up space but I need a long term solution.

Question #2

Can I just move videos from my iPad to my pc?

If so, do those get deleted from iCloud?

6AF4F41A1F30C3F60A583C0565D73D959413F6E4
Appreciate any help.

Get the AirDisk Pro App (free download)

Move the files you don't need onto your main computer system, or a big flash drive.

You open up WiFi file transfer in that app on your Wifi network, and it gives you the address to type into your computer web browser; then you can copy/move whatever files you want and subsequently delete off your phone. Keep the archives on your main computer, or get a portable drive to save them on.

Get the AirDisk Pro App (free download)

Move the files you don't need onto your main computer system, or a big flash drive.

You open up WiFi file transfer in that app on your Wifi network, and it gives you the address to type into your computer web browser; then you can copy/move whatever files you want and subsequently delete off your phone. Keep the archives on your main computer, or get a portable drive to save them on.

Will transferring the files to my pc be kept in the cloud still or not?

Thanks

Will transferring the files to my pc be kept in the cloud still or not?

Thanks

I don't use Cloud, so they may still be there and you'd have to delete them manually from the cloud storage.

I use a Synology personal server for my cloud storage and home syncing (syncs desktop and laptop files, so I basically have all my data mirrored on 4 HDs, simultaneously and accessible via the internet.
I used their DS app if I want to sync it to Apple stuff (but don't bother, I just use that app mostly)

Free and unlimited (depending on how many TB disks you want to install in it)

Increase iCloud storage you fvcking poor

I have a feeling this wouldn’t free up space on my ipad though.

I could have 2 TB’s of iCloud storage but if my iPad is FULL I’m phucked.

I’m not using all my iCloud storage yet the other night the very end of a match it stopped recording as the iPad storage was full.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT