ADVERTISEMENT

Is Iowa recruiting: the land of misfit toys?

Originally posted by northside_hawk:
Originally posted by IowaHa...B4Life:
I actually think Iowa loses to Illinois State as well. Tre Roberson will be the best athlete on the field.

My god you people are crazy. This season can't get here fast enough. We may be mediocre but we are not losing to FCS teams. Take the anti kf venom somewhere else. Sad and pathetic thing is I bet most of you anti KF types want iowa to lose just to stir the pot and get rid of him. I'd take KF for the rest of my lifetime and boring football as long as we win 9+ games a year. I suppose we just need new jerseys, gimmicky offenses, recruits who spend more time in jail than the classroom and a win at all costs attitude, might as well start setting up recruit trust funds now. This board is so comical.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Great Post. But, I too am getting tired of KF. I like the man. I just wish he showed a little more positive attitude, a little more aggressiveness on the play calling, recruiting, and in the words he chooses. He is so cautious. It's like he wants to be non-committal about the future and everything he says, because he is afraid he might fail in his words and/or predictions. It's like he is afraid that if he promised a 10-2 season and delivering a 9-3 would be a failure. Ever so cautious with choosing his words...becomes so uninspiring, boring, self deprecating. I think this is what people are getting tired of...the "That's Football" mantra.

Back when we had the KF to the NFL rumors, he was always non committal. Never came out and said that this is where I want to be for the next 20 years. And I think recruits, parents, and other coaches used that against him in recruiting(and I feel this is why Barta gave him the 10 year contract...To say to the world, what KF would not say publicly. And his sly as a fox style got him a long contract, but reinforces his boring mantra). We talk about lack of talent. I think some of it is because of his style/personality. Now, on the other hand, his style has probably won some games for Iowa. I just think his non aggressive style has turned people off as a leader of our favorite team. We want passion, positive expectations, leadership, aggressiveness, high expectations....a Dan Gable leading our football team.

This post was edited on 4/4 8:22 AM by HoustonHawkeye

This post was edited on 4/4 8:25 AM by HoustonHawkeye

Originally posted by swagsurfer02:
Originally posted by EvilMo...Closet:
swag, don't act like you're not impressed...

*I can't post emoticons or images from my phone

A monkey on a keyboard... I am impressed!
Posted from Rivals Mobile
It's quite simple really......

giphy.gif

Originally posted by IowaHawkeyeFBnBB4Life:
I actually think Iowa loses to Illinois State as well. Tre Roberson will be the best athlete on the field.
Tre Roberson might be the best qb we play all season but Hawks win 42-21.

Re: Changemydiapers:

It's sad that Mark Stoops currently recruits better in two years at Kentucky than Ferentz is currently recruiting at Iowa after sixteen years.
Get back to me when he has a team that finishes in the Top 10. And then if he can do it 3 more times, now that would be impressive.

Get back to me when he has a team that finishes in the Top 10. And then if he can do it 3 more times, now that would be impressive.
How about this? We'll get back to you if Kentucky has a better record than Iowa.

That sound better?

Do you really think different uniforms would have landed the Hawkeyes Hilliards brother and Cornell?
I don't think uniforms are going to matter.
I'm not sure I would want a kid who is so easily distracted by 'shiny objects'.

So you wouldn't like Marcus Mariota in an Iowa uni...really?

ADVERTISEMENT