ADVERTISEMENT

It is WNBA Draft Day!

oakhawk

HR Heisman
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Samantha Logic is at draft headquarters as one of 12 invitees. It will be on ESPN2 at 6PM CT. The first round is on ESPN2 and Samantha is expected to go in the first round. The other rounds will be on ESPN3.

I will be watching and hope she goes early. It will be interesting when Kia will go.

Kiah also is expected to go in the 1st round. Shot blocker and rebounder, plus she does have an offensive game. she just wasn't allowed to use it a t UCONN.

Kiah's pro career might be better than her college career.

I live in the Phoenix area. The paper had an article that said the Mercury would be interested in Sam, and possibly a good rebounder like Stokes. Would be funny to have 2 with Iowa connections playing here...

Originally posted by StormHawk42:
Is this a first for Iowa? Have we ever had a women's player drafted?
Last one was Kachine. In 1997, we had one go #7. Forget the name.

Stokes' lil' bro was there.

IOWA HAWKEYES DRAFTED INTO THE WNBA

2011 --
Kachine Alexander, Minnesota (third round, 26th overall selection)

2006 -- Crystal Smith, Phoenix (third, 32)

2002 -- Lindsey Meder, Minnesota (third, 38)

2001 -- Cara Consuegra, Utah (fourth, 56)

1999 -- Amy Herrig, Sacramento (fourth, 38)

1998 -- Tangela Smith, Sacramento (second, 12)

1998 -- Nadine Damond, New York (second, 19)

1998 -- Angela Hamblin, Washington (third, 23)

1997 -- Toni Foster, Phoenix (first, 8)

1997 -- Tia Jackson, Phoenix (second, 9)

1997 -- Michelle Edwards, Cleveland (player allocation)
And now Sam.

Lol you can tell I haven't followed Iowa women's ball very long. Most of those players were drafted while I was in Jr. High or earlier. That's my excuse for my dumb question
tongue.r191677.gif

LOL the AP story covering the draft mentioned 11 names in the first round. Guess who it skipped? Sam Logic.

This post was edited on 4/17 12:29 AM by UpstreamHawkeye

AP Story

Yep, saw that snub. At least espn.com talks about her and has a video interview.

And she wasn't interviewed by the ESPN lady with the mike after her selection. All the others who were there, including Stokes, were.

Originally posted by hawkfan55:

And she wasn't interviewed by the ESPN lady with the mike after her selection. All the others who were there, including Stokes, were.
Just more disrespect for an Iowa player. It never ends.

Sam may have requested not be interviewed by ESPN. She is the type of player who would rather let her game do her talking, give her a jersey & ball she will be happy. Nice to see Lisa Bluder there at the Logic table during the draft too.

On a side note I thought it was interesting Zahui B's former coach Pam Borton was at her table & the new Minnesota coach wasn't there from what I saw. Wonder if the coaching change had something to do with her decision to turn pro early.

Amazing that stokes gets drafted that high after never being a starter at UConn. Shows the talent in Storrs

Originally posted by El Simbolo:
Amazing that stokes gets drafted that high after never being a starter at UConn. Shows the talent in Storrs
Amazing that the article about Stokes says that she averaged 18.3 pt. for Uconn. Is this so?

No, she averaged 18.3 Minutes. Scoring average was about 4pt. Just looked it up.

This post was edited on 4/17 4:42 PM by IamHawkeye

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT