ADVERTISEMENT

Jahlil Okafor: greatest ever out of Chicago

mstp1992

HR Legend
Dec 10, 2011
Cedar Rapids -- Iowa City
faseb.org
or so his dad says. Since we cannot accurately predict the future there's always the possibility he could end up in that position. However, I can think of several who had great careers from high school to college to the pros going all the way back to the 40's and 50's with George Mikan and Johnny "Red" Kerr. The 60's brought us the likes of Cazzie Russell. Then in the 70's guys like Quinn Buckner, Terry "TC" Cummings, Maurice "Mo" Cheeks, and so on through the decades (Isaiah Thomas, Mark Aguirre, Doc Rivers, Dwayne Wade, etc.).

I can appreciate his dad being proud of him, but to say he's the best ever out of Chicago is highly debatable.

TMZ

I saw Okafor play in person in the Myrtle Beach Beach Ball Classic when he was a junior and he was a made amoungst boys in a tournament filled with D1 recruits. After seeing what he did this year at Duke, I would say he has potential to be near the top of any list of greates Chicago players. That assumes he stays healthy and continues to improve. He is the second coming of Tim Duncan.

I don't know if he is the best but man, he is really good. He will have to prove it in the big show I guess.

I don't know if he is the best but man, he is really good. He will have to prove it in the big show I guess.

He wasn't even one of the 2 best freshman on the floor for Duke. Probably should play a couple years in the NBA before making any claim to being the best ever out of Chicago.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Not impressed. Other than shoving people around under the basket and firing down a few dunks, I've never seen him do anything. Does he have a jump shot? I've never seen it. As a college basketball player, the oaf is FAR behind the likes of Ronnie Lester, to name only one.

Originally posted by CoachoftheFuture1:
Not impressed. Other than shoving people around under the basket and firing down a few dunks, I've never seen him do anything. Does he have a jump shot? I've never seen it. As a college basketball player, the oaf is FAR behind the likes of Ronnie Lester, to name only one.
lol Yep,that "oaf" will probably go first or second in the draft.

Originally posted by CoachoftheFuture1:
Won't comment on Ronnie, but it's pretty clear you haven't watched Duke this year. He may not be the best, but on the offensive end he's a beast.

He'll be a good pro.

Better than Isaiah Thomas or Dwayne Wade? Very unlikely.

Anthony Davis could very easily end up the best out of Chitown though. He'll be the best player in the world within the next couple years.

Originally posted by TDJ7:
Benji Wilson.......what could have been.
+1 He was the best player in the country but shot dead during his Sr year at Simeon IIRC.

Originally posted by MepoDawg#:
He wasn't even one of the 2 best freshman on the floor for Duke. Probably should play a couple years in the NBA before making any claim to being the best ever out of Chicago.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
So you apparently only watched one Duke game the entire year and it was Monday night.

He would need at least 10 solid to All-star quality years in the NBA to even be considered for this. I wont pretend to know everyone he goes against in ACC play, but against an NBA caliber center on Monday night he was awfully underwhelming. And free throws? yuck. He could get to be a quality NBA big man, but I think he'll need some work

Not sure anyone is currently saying he is the best ever to come out of Chicago (other than Dad). Some of us think he has a chance to be in the discussion in about ten years or so.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT