ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Rommes

bobb22

HR MVP
Mar 8, 2005
Did the Hawks totally "miss the boat" on this kid? Having never seen him play, his statistics may be totally misleading. However, he has hit 28 home runs the past two seasons (4 his first 2 seasons) and has statistically pitched well? His stats the past two seasons run circles around the players they recruited this year!

Where is he headed next year? Not to knock the kid but Heller's in-state haul for 2015 is damn good. I'll look at the Calmar Courier to see those stats!

Where is he headed next year? Not to knock the kid but Heller's in-state haul for 2015 is damn good. I'll look at the Calmar Courier to see those stats!
Looks like he is going to play football for Upper Iowa.....

He is a very good athlete and has tremendous speed. I watched him in the UNI Dome at last year's football playoffs. Right now he is still very raw as a baseball player, especially defensively. Definitely some mechanics/technique that he would need to clean up.
The Iowa Baseball staff was very much aware of him, even though he was somewhat of a late bloomer. They were hoping he would go the JUCO route and then transfer. As Bagger mentioned, the incoming Freshman class would have tough for Rommes to crack into.

Believe he's going to try both football and baseball at Upper Iowa, though he signed and got $$ for football. Another recruit Ryan Parmalee from Maq Valley (state leading rusher) is going to play football and wrestle as well at UIU. Will be interesting to see if both can pull it off at D2 level. Football/baseball are far enough apart I think that would be doable. You can see more of Rommes here: http://thegazette.com/maleaoy2015

Interesting 3 of the 5 are going to UIU for football.

Believe he's going to try both football and baseball at Upper Iowa, though he signed and got $$ for football. Another recruit Ryan Parmalee from Maq Valley (state leading rusher) is going to play football and wrestle as well at UIU. Will be interesting to see if both can pull it off at D2 level. Football/baseball are far enough apart I think that would be doable. You can see more of Rommes here: http://thegazette.com/maleaoy2015

Interesting 3 of the 5 are going to UIU for football.
Sounds like they are all great young men. I have a feeling they are all going to be extremely successful in whatever they do in college.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT