ADVERTISEMENT

Little brother not so little anymore?

First off all stay on topic and you are really going to question the Big12 post season performance in comparison to the Big 10?????

Tell me, how many teams with a winning record did iowa beat last year? Isu beat two.

Yep the Big Ten beat the mighty Texas Ten co-camps and won the NC. What exactly did the Texas Ten win in bowl games? In fact according to the SOS clone fans live to tout the Texas ten should never have a losing record in bowl games. Yet that is exactly what has occurred for the better part of a decade. But do te us how it really is Redcy.

Now do tell us about how mighty the Texas 10 has been in the NCAA tourney. UAB won't laugh really Redcy.

Go

Yep the Big Ten beat the mighty Texas Ten co-camps and won the NC. What exactly did the Texas Ten win in bowl games? In fact according to the SOS clone fans live to tout the Texas ten should never have a losing record in bowl games. Yet that is exactly what has occurred for the better part of a decade. But do te us how it really is Redcy.

Now do tell us about how mighty the Texas 10 has been in the NCAA tourney. UAB won't laugh really Redcy.

Go
Sampling of one

Sampling of one

No for the better part of the last 10 years the Texas ten has had losing records in bowl games. If SOS meant anything that wouldn't be the case.

But do tell us how it really is Redcy. Then you can explain why the Texas Ten also gets slapped around in the NCAA tourney. Oh right more examples where what isu fans think is really just a myth.

No for the better part of the last 10 years the Texas ten has had losing records in bowl games. If SOS meant anything that wouldn't be the case.

But do tell us how it really is Redcy. Then you can explain why the Texas Ten also gets slapped around in the NCAA tourney. Oh right more examples where what isu fans think is really just a myth.
Do you really believe that over the last 10 years that the Big 10 's post season performance is much different than the Big12's?

Do you really believe that over the last 10 years that the Big 10 's post season performance is much different than the Big12's?

I believe that clone fans love to tout strength of schedule as why isu isn't as bad as their record says they are. The reality is that if SOS was accurate in any way shape or form the Texas Ten wouldn't have losing records in bowl games and the NCAA tourney for the better part of the last decade.

So each time a clone fan says how much easier it is to play in the Big Ten they are wrong. Touting how strong the Texas Ten is is nothing but a myth.

Prove me wrong prove where SOS, Rankings and hype clone fans love to tout has carried over for the Texas Ten into the post season for the better part of the past 10 years. Bowl games and the NCAA Tourney have consistently shown losing records for the Big 12 for the better part of the last decade.

Last edited:
I believe that clone fans love to tout strength of schedule as why isu isn't as bad as their record says they are. The reality is that if SOS was accurate in any way shape or form the Texas Ten wouldn't have losing records in bowl games and the NCAA tourney for the better part of the last decade.

So each time a clone fan says how much easier it is to play in the Big Ten they are wrong. Touting how strong the Texas Ten is is nothing but a myth.

Prove me wrong prove where SOS, Rankings and hype clone fans love to tout has carried over for the Texas Ten into the post season for the better part of the past 10 years. Bowl games and the NCAA Tourney have consistent shown losing records for the Big 12 for the better part of the last decade.
Even thought I haven't said any of the things you are noting....I'll play. So Intuitively you believe that the 8 game rotation iowa plays is more difficult than the 9 game rotation isu has had to face the last few years. Intuitively...... Yes or no?

Even thought I haven't said any of the things you are noting....I'll play. So Intuitively you believe that the 8 game rotation iowa plays is more difficult than the 9 game rotation isu has had to face the last few years. Intuitively...... Yes or no?

If the Texas Ten was as great as isu fans think it is that would translate into the post season. For the better part of the last ten years the Texas Ten has had losing bowl and NCAA tourney records that proves touting ranking, SOS and hype is meaningless. Not it doesn't surprise me at all that isu fans tout meaningless arguments.

Playing 9 or 8 conference games makes no difference.

If the Texas Ten was as great as isu fans think it is that would translate into the post season. For the better part of the last ten years the Texas Ten has had losing bowl and NCAA tourney records that proves touting ranking, SOS and hype is meaningless. Not it doesn't surprise me at all that isu fans tout meaningless arguments.

Playing 9 or 8 conference games makes no difference.
What's funny is I'm not making an argument. I asked a simple yes or no question. The fact that no one is willing to answer it says a lot.

In terms of post season.....since 1981, Iowa rose bowl appearance. How many championships has the big8/big12 won vs the big 10?

What's funny is I'm not making an argument. I asked a simple yes or no question. The fact that no one is willing to answer it says a lot.

In terms of post season.....since 1981, Iowa rose bowl appearance. How many championships has the big8/big12 won vs the big 10?
7 - big 8/big12 to 3 - big 10.

Iowa and most of the Big Ten play as many P5 games as isu and the rest of the Texas Ten. Saying isu's 10 is better than Iowa's ten only holds water if the Texas ten didn't suck so bad in the post season.

So each time a clone fan says how much easier it is to play in the Big Ten they are wrong. Touting how strong the Texas Ten is is nothing but a myth..

I have NEVER met a hok fan willing to trade SOS with ISU year in and year out. Iowa has always had more mediocrity on their schedule. Period. Over the last 10 years I would love for someone to calculate the number of ranked teams ISU has played compared to the number of teams Iowa has played in the last 10 yrs.

If there is hok fan out there that is willing to trade Iowa's SOS with ISU's SOS year in and year out then please come forward. You would be the first. ISU wnning 10 of the last 17 is not a fluke and has nothing to do with a "Super Bowl". As I have stated before in this thread as an ISU fan I would trade Nebraska on our schedule for Iowa in a heartbeat and there is no way ISU would be 10 for 17 against them, obviously.

I agree Iowa's non conference schedule has been easier as of late, I disagree it was always that way. I recall Iowa playing USC, UCLA, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Miami FL, Arizona State and several other strong P5 teams. I don't recall ISU ever playing anyone other than one game against FSU... You are reverting to revisionist history. In my opinion the reason this is the Hawkeye state, Iowa was beating Notre Dame & others while ISU never played or beat anyone..

I have NEVER met a hok fan willing to trade SOS with ISU year in and year out. Iowa has always had more mediocrity on their schedule. Period. Over the last 10 years I would love for someone to calculate the number of ranked teams ISU has played compared to the number of teams Iowa has played in the last 10 yrs.

If there is hok fan out there that is willing to trade Iowa's SOS with ISU's SOS year in and year out then please come forward. You would be the first. ISU wnning 10 of the last 17 is not a fluke and has nothing to do with a "Super Bowl". As I have stated before in this thread as an ISU fan I would trade Nebraska on our schedule for Iowa in a heartbeat and there is no way ISU would be 10 for 17 against them, obviously.

When will this bogus SOS ever translate into the Texas Ten winning more Bowl games than they lose? When will the SOS, Rankings and hype ever translate into the Texas Ten living up to it in the NCAA tourney?

The post season proves that SOS, rankings and hype for the Texas Ten isu fans love to tout is a myth. Well at least it has been for the better part of the last 10 years.o

Shouldn't rankings equate to Bowl wins? Shouldn't rankings and seeds equate the NCAA tourney wins? Not for the Texas Ten it doesn't. Therefore what clone fans hang their hat on is MEANINGLESS. Oh and I and any other Hawk fan would always rather be in a real conference than one held together by one school.

HOW IS THIS WRONG? DON'T SING IT BRING IT.

Last edited:
I agree Iowa's non conference schedule has been easier as of late, I disagree it was always that way. I recall Iowa playing USC, UCLA, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Miami FL, Arizona State and several other strong P5 teams. I don't recall ISU ever playing anyone other than one game against FSU... You are reverting to revisionist history. In my opinion the reason this is the Hawkeye state, Iowa was beating Notre Dame & others while ISU never played or beat anyone..
Absolutely, and the top priority for Hayden was weakening the schedule. He made no bones about it. His first couple of seasons he was playing Oklahoma and Nebraska, among others. But that was a long time ago.

Absolutely, and the top priority for Hayden was weakening the schedule. He made no bones about it. His first couple of seasons he was playing Oklahoma and Nebraska, among others. But that was a long time ago.

LC when will the bogus SOS for the Texas Ten ever equate to the Texas Ten winning more bowl games than they lose and winning more tournament games than they lose.

Leave it to isu fans to tout what has proven to be bogus for 10 years.

Yes yes LC, isu playing Toledo is much tougher than Iowa playing Pitt. Same as last year right?

Yes yes LC, isu playing Toledo is much tougher than Iowa playing Pitt. Same as last year right?
Damn you are right. The fact that Iowa played 4 teams with winning records and Iowa state played 3 teams with losing records obvious shows that Iowa SOS is better than isu's. You are so damn smart I just couldn't see that Iowa did have the tougher schedule. Thanks for clarifying that this is a fact that Iowa would have one what 9-10 games with Isu's schedule. Is that what you think?

Damn you are right. The fact that Iowa played 4 teams with winning records and Iowa state played 3 teams with losing records obvious shows that Iowa SOS is better than isu's. You are so damn smart I just couldn't see that Iowa did have the tougher schedule. Thanks for clarifying that this is a fact that Iowa would have one what 9-10 games with Isu's schedule. Is that what you think?

Again when will the Texas Ten and their bogus SOS actually translate into winning bowl games and the NCAA tourney?

Each time isu fans ignore this question they prove me correct.

Again when will the Texas Ten and their bogus SOS actually translate into winning bowl games and the NCAA tourney?

Each time isu fans ignore this question they prove me correct.
The reason no one is replying is because there is no logical/statistical correlation between SOS and winning bowl games. I would think if anyone knew there is no correlation between SOS and winning bowl games it would be a big 10 fan. A large reason the Big 10 has been awful the last 5-10 years in the post season has been the great bowl alliance you have and that your teams tend to playing in higher level games that what your teams should be playing……especially match ups against the SEC. You are an absolute idiot if you think there is a correlation.

89, how did the big 10 do against the big12 in head to head match ups last year? I believe 0-3. How does this translate to the Big 10 being better than the big 12? How does the fact that the Big12/8 has won twice as many National Championships since 1981 translate to the Big 10 being better than the big 12?

Tell me, what is Kirk Ferentz's record against Big 12 teams? How does that translate?

Last edited:
When will this bogus SOS ever translate into the Texas Ten winning more Bowl games than they lose? When will the SOS, Rankings and hype ever translate into the Texas Ten living up to it in the NCAA tourney?

The post season proves that SOS, rankings and hype for the Texas Ten isu fans love to tout is a myth. Well at least it has been for the better part of the last 10 years.o

Shouldn't rankings equate to Bowl wins? Shouldn't rankings and seeds equate the NCAA tourney wins? Not for the Texas Ten it doesn't. Therefore what clone fans hang their hat on is MEANINGLESS. Oh and I and any other Hawk fan would always rather be in a real conference than one held together by one school.

HOW IS THIS WRONG? DON'T SING IT BRING IT.

When you are a bottom feeder like Kansas or ISU in big 12 or any other conf your SOS is high because you suck.

But seriously it amazes how dumb and how often clone fans come over and argue with 89 91/100 years and start long pointless pissing match threads. He's annoying yes but not as annoying as the clowns who attempt to go back and forth with him.

When you are a bottom feeder like Kansas or ISU in big 12 or any other conf your SOS is high because you suck.

But seriously it amazes how dumb and how often clone fans come over and argue with 89 91/100 years and start long pointless pissing match threads. He's annoying yes but not as annoying as the clowns who attempt to go back and forth with him.
I apologize, I didn't know 89-91 was 100 years. I don't come over here that often. I stopped reply to him a long time ago….my bad. Now I understand why this wasn't going anywhere.

The reason no one is replying is because there is no logical/statistical correlation between SOS and winning bowl games. I would think if anyone knew there is no correlation between SOS and winning bowl games it would be a big 10 fan. A large reason the Big 10 has been awful the last 5-10 years in the post season has been the great bowl alliance you have and that your teams tend to playing in higher level games that what your teams should be playing……especially match ups against the SEC. You are an absolute idiot if you think there is a correlation.

89, how did the big 10 do against the big12 in head to head match ups last year? I believe 0-3. How does this translate to the Big 10 being better than the big 12? How does the fact that the Big12/8 has won twice as many National Championships since 1981 translate to the Big 10 being better than the big 12?

Tell me, what is Kirk Ferentz's record against Big 12 teams? How does that translate?

Wait SOS has no indication on why one team is better than another?

Cool thanks for proving my point. isu fans love to tout things that are meaningless.

This explains why the Texas Ten gets smoked in Bowl games and the NCAA tourney. SOS has no correlation to which teams are actually good. Redcy says so.

I apologize, I didn't know 89-91 was 100 years. I don't come over here that often. I stopped reply to him a long time ago….my bad. Now I understand why this wasn't going anywhere.

Now we know why isu tout things that are meaningless.

They have nothing else to fall back on.

Good job Redcy.

Yeah I didn't catch it too right away. But as someone posted early 5 pages o/u with this thread with him in it. Over easily won.

Yeah I didn't catch it too right away. But as someone posted early 5 pages o/u with this thread with him in it. Over easily won.

Yes don't anyone question the validity of SOS isu fans can't handle that.

SOS and seeds matter in the tourney as well.

Signed,
UAB

Another one of the guys who doesn't have a clue as to what SOS is. There are several of you who post here. I would imagine the Hawkeye fans who are better informed cringe when they see it happen.

I agree with you about responding to whats-his-name-today. That's why I don't do it. But I don't want to put him on "ignore."

Another one of the guys who doesn't have a clue as to what SOS is. There are several of you who post here. I would imagine the Hawkeye fans who are better informed cringe when they see it happen.

I agree with you about responding to whats-his-name-today. That's why I don't do it. But I don't want to put him on "ignore."

Honestly who cares about SOS. Unless you are going for playoffs it really matters little in football. It's a whiny loser excuse for teams not winning.

Again if SOS is as meaningful as isu fans claim it is, when will that translate to the Big 12 winning bowl games and in the NCAA tourney?

No clone fan yet can give us an answer and it is because they know deep down I am right.

Last edited:
Again if SOS is as meaningful as isu claim it is when will that translate to the Big 12 winning bowl games and in the NCAA tourney?

No clone fan yet and give us an answer and it is because they know deep down I am right.
everyone on this board does not have to go deep down to know what you are.

everyone on this board does not have to go deep down to know what you are.

Another clone fan who can't answer the question. When will the Texas Ten match their rankings and SOS with post season success in bowl games and the NCAA tourney?

Then again isu fans often cling to meaningless arguments.

Honestly who cares about SOS. Unless you are going for playoffs it really matters little in football. It's a whiny loser excuse for teams not winning.

Because for clone fans all they have is SOS. To them it doesn't matter they have been slapped around by FCS teams two years in a row as long as it doesn't hurt their SOS.

Don't laugh they are serious.

Hayden wanted to play a schedule relative to how strong he felt his teams would/could be in given years.

In the late 80s and early 90s, Iowa played Tennessee, Arizona, Miami, Colorado, Oregon and NC State, along with Kansas State and Iowa State when they were bottom feeders (though one of them still is ;)).

Btw, here's a list, in order, of the major OOC opponents Iowa State has played since 1981 (someone used that year)....aside from Iowa, obviously:

1982 at Tennessee, L 23-21
1983 at Vanderbilt, L 29-26
1984 at Texas A&M, L 35-17
1985 Vanderbilt, W 20-17
1988 Baylor, L 35-0
1989 Minnesota, L 30-20
1990 at Minnesota, L 20-16
1991 at Rice, W 28-27 (Rice a member of the SWC then)
1991 at Wisconsin, L 7-6
1993 at Rice, L 49-21
1993 at Wisconsin, L 28-7
1994 Rice, L 28-18
1997 at Minnesota, L 53-29
2002 vs Florida State, L 38-31
2011 at Connecticut, W 24-20

Overall record: 3-12

I also didn't include games in the 90s and early 00s against TCU, nor the 2010 game against Utah as this was before they were established members of a major conference.....although it can be argued that Utah was better off staying in the MWC.

Hayden wanted to play a schedule relative to how strong he felt his teams would/could be in given years.

In the late 80s and early 90s, Iowa played Tennessee, Arizona, Miami, Colorado, Oregon and NC State, along with Kansas State and Iowa State when they were bottom feeders (though one of them still is ;)).

Btw, here's a list, in order, of the major OOC opponents Iowa State has played since 1981 (someone used that year)....aside from Iowa, obviously:

1982 at Tennessee, L 23-21
1983 at Vanderbilt, L 29-26
1984 at Texas A&M, L 35-17
1985 Vanderbilt, W 20-17
1988 Baylor, L 35-0
1989 Minnesota, L 30-20
1990 at Minnesota, L 20-16
1991 at Rice, W 28-27 (Rice a member of the SWC then)
1991 at Wisconsin, L 7-6
1993 at Rice, L 49-21
1993 at Wisconsin, L 28-7
1994 Rice, L 28-18
1997 at Minnesota, L 53-29
2002 vs Florida State, L 38-31
2011 at Connecticut, W 24-20

Overall record: 3-12

I also didn't include games in the 90s and early 00s against TCU, nor the 2010 game against Utah as this was before they were established members of a major conference.....although it can be argued that Utah was better off staying in the MWC.

Must ignore clone fans say so. Must also ignore SOS is meaningless when it comes to isu. They would have gone 2-10 regardless last year. Well at least according to their gospel Sagarin.

I don't care about stadiums. I just want to know why 100/JWR is using one of his old monikers. I haven't been on for a while. What did he do to get his 100 and JWR handles banned?

I don't care about stadiums. I just want to know why 100/JWR is using one of his old monikers. I haven't been on for a while. What did he do to get his 100 and JWR handles banned?

When will SOS for the Texas Ten equate to winning bowl games and in the NCAA tourney? Better question is when will clone fans have something to tout other than SOS?

FG will prove me right it is what he lives for.

Wait for it, wait for it.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT