Will Maddyn end up a Hawk

• Absolutely

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • No, too many other programs interested

Votes: 19 13.9%
  • Can she play QB

Votes: 14 10.2%

• Total voters
It would certainly be nice to have her commit. Still we have bigger needs in the front court in the next couple of classes at this point. Still a long way to go before the 2026 class signs.....

Something just don’t seem right about this. I still think eventually she’ll be a Hawkeye. From the things we’ve learned over the last couple years about her I like our chances.

Reactions: hagarwood
I just never believed we should put much stock in a quote from an 8th grader that is now almost 3 years old. Idk why everyone is so convinced they know what she’s thinking. And hawkbuck is clearly well-connected enough to have been right in the past that I think it’d be dumb to assume that all of a sudden his sources are trash. He heard this at multiple AAU tourneys from someone who has always been right.

I’d love for Iowa to land Greenway and was very disappointed to hear Hawkbuck’s news. We need an elite PG for ‘26. I just wasn’t too shocked bc I never convinced myself that she is a sure thing like *so many* people on this board have. This is now the second piece of seemingly credible news about her that didn’t really paint a good picture. Everyone here who still feels great about her is just wishcasting.
I'll just wait until signing day.

This thread makes the case why she may not want to go to Iowa. Not representative of all fans but obnoxious nonetheless.
No, this site more or less is representative of the fanbase, in my experience.

And yes we have problems that the fanbase as a whole either refuse to acknowledge, or will make excuses for to get out of changing.....................

Hope that helps! 😀

P.S. if it makes you feel better, we do have "more" informed fans on here compared to the casuals you see putting their actual names to their words on Twitter and such (and yes by casuals on Twitter, I mean that with the utmost intent that they take offense to it......🙂)

Hawkbuck may be correct and based on what Shikreto says, he is most certainly someone in the know and to be valued as a poster. I certainly appreciate people sharing knowledge that's likely accurate on the board.

However, Littlez is also correct in that we don't know collectively and there could be more reverberations from now until 2026 where even if she doesn't want to come now, she will at that point or that her intent is to come now but will change her mind in a year effectively making Hawkbuck correct despite not being correct at the time. We don't know what we don't know so I'll live in my little bubble of hopefulness that she is coming until we know otherwise.

All this will effectively do is help me prepare more mentally for her to not come if it does end up that way because before I heard Hawkbuck make a statement about her possibly not being as high on the Hawks as was believed, I thought she was all but committed already. Again, none of us really know how it will end but I appreciate the information being shared. It's a message board after all, speculation makes it much more fun.
These days it's called a negotiation tactic to get more NIL money...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT