ADVERTISEMENT

Malo in downtown DSM closing.

stickman80

HR All-State
Feb 26, 2009
A true love it or leave it place to eat. Personally I can do without it but do go there on occasion when others desire to eat there.

Not giving a reason but they will be closing when their lease is up. Guessing if the place were doing well they would have a different location already picked out or would resign/renegotiate their lease.

Plenty more places to eat. Could help them out.

Wells Fargo has largely moved out of its downtown location which is just across the street from there, I'm sure that hasn't helped them either.

Agreed tho - it's a solid mexican place, but not spectacular. I do hope they're simply moving elsewhere, I hate to see any good restaurant close.

Reactions: stickman80
Word on Reddit is the Orchestrate group is stretched too thin and needed to tighten their belts. Could be more potentially who knows.

Digital Collage Art GIF by chavesfelipe

Wells Fargo has largely moved out of its downtown location which is just across the street from there, I'm sure that hasn't helped them either.

Agreed tho - it's a solid mexican place, but not spectacular. I do hope they're simply moving elsewhere, I hate to see any good restaurant close.
Downtown is taking some hits. Walgreens and K&G closing. Definite sign all is not well downtown.

A true love it or leave it place to eat. Personally I can do without it but do go there on occasion when others desire to eat there.

Not giving a reason but they will be closing when their lease is up. Guessing if the place were doing well they would have a different location already picked out or would resign/renegotiate their lease.

Plenty more places to eat. Could help them out.
I never liked it. Just tastes weird at twice the price.

Downtown is taking some hits. Walgreens and K&G closing. Definite sign all is not well downtown.
I had not heard about k&G. Looks like they were bought out and the location without gas doesn’t fit the concept and they will convert the space to a training space. Downtown is changing but I’m not sure this closing is like the other.

Last edited:
Nationwide left as well. Well a lot of it. Downtown is a shell of the 3-5 year decent run it had 10 years ago. It’s useless now.

Never eaten there. Did stop in for a drink prior to reservation at bubba's. The Oaxaca Old fashioned was good. Wife's margarita flight was hit and miss.

I had not heard about k&G. Looks like they were bought out and the location without gas doesn’t fit the concept and they will convert the space to a training space. Downtown is changing but I’m not sure this closing is like the other.

Never been a fan of K&G. I have stopped at several Maverick stores west and was very impressed with their hot food selection and quality.

If they convert K&G stores to what I've experienced in Mavericks, I'll stop. If they serve the same over priced crapola as K&G, I'll stick with the Star.

Reactions: Tenacious E
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT