ADVERTISEMENT

Mizzu beats Cornell Miklus / Cox move up weights

I get the premise but it's a different situation. Burak likely sees Mac at the B1G and will get his shot there. Also, Burak has four or five guys to worry about that could win the title. Dean is the big kahuna...one only gets a limited amount of shots to wrestle him and he will probably be standing in your way of a championship. Familiarity breeds contempt.

Let's put Iowa in the same situation...moving Brooks and Burak up against Cornell in the same situation. I wouldn't do it, and I heavily doubt Tom would either.

Ok, I respect that....Can't wait for the PSU/IOWA Dual!!!!! oh crap guess I will have to wait....ridiculous and still mad about that scheduling omission

Reactions: Azchief32
Ok, I respect that....Can't wait for the PSU/IOWA Dual!!!!! oh crap guess I will have to wait....ridiculous and still mad about that scheduling omission

At least you all have tOsu...if we go undefeated, we'll likely share the B1G dual title with y'all.

Reactions: #10Hawk
I get the premise but it's a different situation. Burak likely sees Mac at the B1G and will get his shot there. Also, Burak has four or five guys to worry about that could win the title. Dean is the big kahuna...one only gets a limited amount of shots to wrestle him and he will probably be standing in your way of a championship. Familiarity breeds contempt.

Let's put Iowa in the same situation...moving Brooks and Burak up against Cornell in the same situation. I wouldn't do it, and I heavily doubt Tom would either.
Gable has done it.

And on the other hand Tiger, didn't Missouri cancel a football game about six years ago with Iowa because they weren't good enough (quote per their coach).!

Yeah, it was bit further back but Mizzou and Iowa were supposed to play a 4-game series beginning in 2005. Pinkel backed out because he was relatively new and worried about his job. The sad part is, Mizzou ended up being pretty decent during that stretch and they would have been great games.

There was some bad blood about the cancellation too, as I've heard Iowa won't schedule Mizzou anymore. I don't blame them.

Gable has done it.

Again, it's situational...would I move Burak up to heavy to cover a hole against PSU as MML suggested? Maybe. If Cornell and Iowa were wrestling for the national dual championship,would I do the same as Mizzou? Probably. However, this was just a regular dual. Would I bet on my guy who just recently lost to the other guy by one point on the chance that he gets a win? I would for Brooks. I dont think Willie beats him but I guess I'm not alone imo. Too bad, because a win bumps him up significantly.

At least you all have tOsu...if we go undefeated, we'll likely share the B1G dual title with y'all.

They should have a system in place that if 2 teams go undefeated, a Playoff Dual is required...that would be cool. To be honest though, I can't overlook Tosu, I think they match up with us very well...it will be close with the Nevills injury(They may pin at Heavy), and Guilibon/McCutcheon question marks.

Reactions: Azchief32
Oh I don't know...this would be Miklus's last shot at Dean whom he lost to prior to in the season 3-2. A win over Dean plus a win over DeChow (his toughest remaining opponent) would give him a pretty damn good seeding come tourney time. I guess ceding a loss to Dean in a dual speaks volumes about what Mizzou thinks of Miklus's shot at beating Dean.
My view is that someone also thinks Miklus has a shot of a 2/3 seed at Nationals whereas a loss could have potentially dropped him down to the point of not controlling ie: 5/6/7/.

Knowing the Missouri schedule going forward, I don't see the current Miklus being below a 2/3.

Again, it's situational...would I move Burak up to heavy to cover a hole against PSU as MML suggested? Maybe. If Cornell and Iowa were wrestling for the national dual championship,would I do the same as Mizzou? Probably. However, this was just a regular dual. Would I bet on my guy who just recently lost to the other guy by one point on the chance that he gets a win? I would for Brooks. I dont think Willie beats him but I guess I'm not alone imo. Too bad, because a win bumps him up significantly.

I agree that a win (if it happened) against Dean is better for Miklus and his seeding. He does have matches left with Dechow (likely two including MAC championship) and Boyd plus whoever they face in National Duals.

I think there's a couple reasons they bumped. Smith and Mizzou are currently riding a 34-dual winning streak, which I'm guessing they don't want to end.

I'm also pretty sure Smith is a big proponent of the National Duals. I thought the tournament was awesome last year, though it is bad timing. Based on what I've read, Mizzou needs to be the top-ranked non B1G team to make the championship. They're currently ranked 2nd behind NC St with OKSt right behind (will wrestle both of them in the next few weeks), so they couldn't afford a loss to Cornell.

lol I wouldn't make statements about Miklus "ducking" Brooks to get a win considering one is an AA and the other is not.

lol I wouldn't make statements about Miklus "ducking" Brooks to get a win considering one is an AA and the other is not.

Screed...Because no one ever lucked into a a good bracket. Brooks lost to the eventual champ in a close quarters match and the guy (who also beat Miklus) that took 4th. But yea, Miklus best Taylor Meeks to get into the AA round.

Reactions: pinters
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT