ADVERTISEMENT

More news on Bett wrestlers going to Iowa

So this happened nearly six weeks ago - very surprised it's remained quiet here as I figured someone would talk. The coaches were aware of the stabbing the morning after, and at least one personally visited him in the hospital.

1st thing - Woodard will be ok. I won't go into the medical details outside of stating he lost a lot of blood and is on the road to recovery. He's been released to begin physical activity, albeit very limited. Again, not going into details - Woodard's parents aren't attention whores tweeting their kid's surgery, so I'll continue to respect their privacy on that.

As far as the incident itself; well, I wasn't there. Romkey's version is vastly different than Woodard's or Gallagher's, which is part of the reason it's taken so long to have charges pressed.

There's another article in qconline that goes into some additional detail - essentially what lead to all of this. Of particular note are the other parties involved in the incident - mayor's kid (driver of the car that Woodard was in), editor of the local paper's kid (stabber). My take on it is that Woodard could not have physically done what Romkey stated occurred.

So long story short, Woodard will be ok. He'll wrestle again (at some point in the future).

Last edited:
Reactions: HawkeyeDenny
ADVERTISEMENT