ADVERTISEMENT

moron of the day (MOTD)

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities

DUI suspect in pickup wasn't noticed until cop saw him 'spinning both of its rear tires'​

05407611-8e55-447a-b85e-e14aee4ca702-medium16x9_20230418ChaseKristopherWery.png

FRUITLAND PARK, Fla. (TND) — Some stunt driving in a pickup truck got the attention of police and the suspect ended up charged with another DUI.

The officer reported seeing the driver "initiate a ‘burnout’ by spinning both of its rear tires while remaining stationary, causing a plume of smoke to begin filling the air," early last Tuesday evening, April 2, in Florida.
The officer conducted a traffic stop, asked for the driver's license, and reported Chase Kristopher Wery “appeared to struggle through his wallet to fulfill the request.”

The officer also said Wery had “glassy bloodshot eyes, slurred speech, and he spoke with a mush mouth.”

Plus, the officer “could smell the odor of [an] alcoholic beverage emitting from the vehicle, which grew stronger as Wery spoke,” but he denied drinking any alcohol.

The arrest report said Wery made “slow unsteady movements” while getting out to perform field sobriety exercises, “And while at the rear of the truck, he utilized the truck’s tailgate as support while he stood.”
The officer went back to his cruiser for a moment, “And upon returning, Wery was speaking on his phone and became extremely argumentative.
“Wery then stated he did not wish to participate in standardized field sobriety exercises,” so he was arrested.

“During transport,” the arrest report said, “Wery was very verbally aggressive and at times had mood changes, and apologized for his behavior, and then went back to being verbally aggressive.”
In jail, he refused to give a breath sample.

Wery was charged with DUI-second offense and stunt driving, and he spent three days in jail and until his release Friday in lieu of $10,000 bond.

The police officer added, “several empty beer cans, one unopened beer can, and a 3/4 empty bottle of Jim Beam Apple Whiskey,” were found in his pickup before it was towed away.

Wery’s previous DUI was in March 2019.

That arrest report said he was driving recklessly, and his SUV didn't have a front bumper.

It also said, “While in the back of the patrol car, he moved the handcuffs from behind his back to the front of his body several times.”
Plus, “The defendant also continued to advise he was going to pee in my patrol car if I didn't stop at a gas station to let him pee.”

Furthermore, “While en route to the jail, the defendant advised he made a mistake and that he should have run from law enforcement to make the situation more fun.”
And finally, “The defendant asked myself what was going to happen at the jail to which I advised him I was going to request him to submit to a breath test.

“The defendant advised he was already drunk, and the breath test was not needed.”

That's sorta how I got my one and only teenage ticket 2 weeks after I got my license. I "peeled out" of the HS parking lot not noticing the cop across the street. He was like, "Man, I had a nice spot picked out in the shade only to hear you squealing your tires forcing me to look up and come after you." He gave me a ticket for "racing on the highway". I got MOTD that day.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
That's sorta how I got my one and only teenage ticket 2 weeks after I got my license. I "peeled out" of the HS parking lot not noticing the cop across the street. He was like, "Man, I had a nice spot picked out in the shade only to hear you squealing your tires forcing me to look up and come after you." He gave me a ticket for "racing on the highway". I got MOTD that day.
I did that a few months after I got my license. Got out of class early and wanted to avoid the rush. Got in my car and floored it. Speed limit on the back side of the flight line where the school was located was 35. I passed the MP doing 60. I didn't wait for the lights, just pulled over after I passed him and waited.
Took the ticket and my driver's license and put them on the table for my dad. As it happened on base I knew he'd get notified.
I got the license back a few weeks later.

I did that a few months after I got my license. Got out of class early and wanted to avoid the rush. Got in my car and floored it. Speed limit on the back side of the flight line where the school was located was 35. I passed the MP doing 60. I didn't wait for the lights, just pulled over after I passed him and waited.
Took the ticket and my driver's license and put them on the table for my dad. As it happened on base I knew he'd get notified.
I got the license back a few weeks later.
LOL

Pretty similar. Our parking lot was dirt, so my tires went from loose sand to road as I floored it. I probably didn't even hit 30 MPH, though...all bark, no bite. Saw the cop as he looked up from whatever he was doing and just pulled over immediately. Came home and gave my dad the license and ticket. He gave me the license back and said I'd need it to get to Publix to earn the money to pay for the ticket. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
Strike 2, and who knows how many times dude got away with it without being caught. He shouldn't be allowed to drive again, under any circumstances. Not work. Not going to church. Not going to AA.

Reactions: goldmom
I don't understand the line of thinking involved.

"I'm poor as shit, a convicted drunk driver, I'm currently drunk and driving again. I should just ruin my expensive tires, cause a lot of commotion and draw attention to myself right now, just because!"

SMDH.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT