ADVERTISEMENT

New 2017 offer

StormHawk42

HR Legend
Nov 3, 2009
6'7 G/F B.J. Duling out of the Columbus area. Only has offers for the local small schools like Kent and Toledo. Anyone know anything about him? Couldn't find much video on him other than dunks, which are fun, but doesn't really tell much else.

I take it back. Here is his video. Definitely an athlete and a thunder dunker.

Monster transition player- fantastic for Fran's style. Serious seemingly effortless hops and bounciness. He's gonna explode up the rankings.

Reactions: kyleparm
At 2:24, that was a charge, but anyway..
I'm assuming his lack of offers is due to his lack of outside game? Anyone know more?

Edit: as I watched more video, I see he apparently can hit the 3ball.

I have no stats to back it up, but I suspect his shooting is his weakness. His shot has a funky little hitch in it so it wouldn't surprise me either if his lack of offers is due to his shooting, notwithstanding the highlight reel. Just a guess.

He showed a 3 pt shot on the video. Maybe it's not great but I really do not care at this point. This kid would be another dynamic, long, athletic player to plug into Frans system. He can work on his shot at Iowa and he will be surrounded by other shooters.

Wow - cannot teach what he has.

How did that kid only average 9.8 per game? Seriously, though, I love his film! He's going to get a ton of attention over the next couple of years. It will be interesting to see if he has any love for Iowa.

According to the Hawk Central recruiting article this is one of the kids Fran is on in 2017. It was noted that Duling was making an 'impact' at the camp he was at.

Man I want us to get this kid!

Marble, Sr had very little jumping ability...at least according to those that knew him and saw him play.
th
Am I seeing a resemblance with Legend's Avatar here? :)

Good to see he is visiting, another great athlete. Athletic teams that can press, run the floor, play good defense and has some outside shooters will win a lot of games.

Maybe Legend is getting Marble Sr. confused with big Ed Horton, who couldn't jump, but sure knew how to use his big behind.
He must be- or just getting senile. Marble Sr spent time in the NBA with his explosive leaping ability as his primary asset.

Roy Marble Sr. Was the father of Roy Marble Jr. ...the latter of who played basketball at Iowa and finished as schools all time scorer and who's son Roy Devyn Marble also starred for the Hawkeyes.

Marble, Sr had very little jumping ability...at least according to those that knew him and saw him play.
Ha Ha! The once all knowing Legend forgets Roy doing 360 degree slam dunks as a true freshman. Roy Sr. played well above the rim. I was there and watched him many times, had season tickets and can testify accurately that Roy senior could jump amongst the trees and come down with the ball. -1 Legend...sorry, but you are wrong to post nonsense from those who say they saw him actually play over his 4 year career @ Iowa. To that I say bs !!!!!

Umm, wow. And I'm not talking about Legend. I'd say he got you guys.

Ha Ha! The once all knowing Legend forgets Roy doing 360 degree slam dunks as a true freshman. Roy Sr. played well above the rim. I was there and watched him many times, had season tickets and can testify accurately that Roy senior could jump amongst the trees and come down with the ball. -1 Legend...sorry, but you are wrong to post nonsense from those who say they saw him actually play over his 4 year career @ Iowa. To that I say bs !!!!!

In an effort to save you from embarrassing yourself I suggest in the future you try reading the entire thread before posting.

In an effort to save you from embarrassing yourself I suggest in the future you try reading the entire thread before posting.

Guess those " who actually saw him play" are what you are making a point about. Your point is not well received on this board, as it is inaccurate, and as embarrassed as you are now, trying once again to prevail as the "all knowing sage of Iowa basketball history", running some bogus damage control on your incorrect innuendo about Roy Marble senior's jumping ability. If you can't come up with the correct facts, let it go and don't give us that lame bs about our All Time Leading Scorer @ Iowa. He flat out jumped out of the gym for his height. I know you portrayed it as those who saw him play. Just for your factual bank of knowledge, you now have another opinion, clearly not your own, and you want me to look up your original post of which I did. Which, by the way it was bs then and the same bs now. Watched you run your mouth for years attacking posters and berating them and their posts. Touche!

Are you sure you're not thinking of Harold Miner?
FYI, coming out of Flint, many in Michigan were calling Roy Marble "baby Jordan". Marble, Horton and Armstrong might be the best recruiting class, since I have followed Iowa BB. Not sure, but the class might have also included Kevin Gamble. George Ravling was an outstanding recruiter. Too bad he couldn't do much else as a coach...

Guess those " who actually saw him play" are what you are making a point about. Your point is not well received on this board, as it is inaccurate, and as embarrassed as you are now, trying once again to prevail as the "all knowing sage of Iowa basketball history", running some bogus damage control on your incorrect innuendo about Roy Marble senior's jumping ability. If you can't come up with the correct facts, let it go and don't give us that lame bs about our All Time Leading Scorer @ Iowa. He flat out jumped out of the gym for his height. I know you portrayed it as those who saw him play. Just for your factual bank of knowledge, you now have another opinion, clearly not your own, and you want me to look up your original post of which I did. Which, by the way it was bs then and the same bs now. Watched you run your mouth for years attacking posters and berating them and their posts. Touche!

Do you try hard to be this dense, or does it just come naturally?

FYI, coming out of Flint, many in Michigan were calling Roy Marble "baby Jordan". Marble, Horton and Armstrong might be the best recruiting class, since I have followed Iowa BB. Not sure, but the class might have also included Kevin Gamble. George Ravling was an outstanding recruiter. Too bad he couldn't do much else as a coach...
Oh, ok. I thought he was talking about on a national level.

Redhawk, that was the best 3 player class for sure. Gamble played with Eddie H.in high school, I think. We had Jeff Moe and Bill Jones, Garry Wright, Lohaus, Gamble, Armstrong , Marble, and Horton on that extremely deep and talented team.That was probably the best team in the past 30 years. Eddie led the league in rebounding his senior year with 9+ per game. We are on the right track with Fran, I believe we have more than turned the corner. I like the toughness, and athleticism, which is being brought in by the staff. Go Hawks!!!

I think Kevin Gamble was a JC recruit who came when Roy was a sophomore.

I would suggest reading comprehension classes for Tucson but I'm still not convinced he's read the whole thread.
A rant that charged though can only be directed towards someone who's probably had it coming.

The recruiting class was:

BJ Armstrong
Kevin Gamble
Roy Marble
Ed Horton
Les Jepsen

Thanks Chane. That is one hell of a class. Les took a few years to learn how to play, and then he was pretty serviceable. The other four were all great players. That five alone would make a nice line up.

I think Gamble really only played one year, but man was he good. Had he played four years at Iowa, I think he would be mentioned as one of the all-time best. Kevin had the best pro career of any Hawk in the past 30 years.

Thanks Chane. That is one hell of a class. Les took a few years to learn how to play, and then he was pretty serviceable. The other four were all great players. That five alone would make a nice line up.

I think Gamble really only played one year, but man was he good. Had he played four years at Iowa, I think he would be mentioned as one of the all-time best. Kevin had the best pro career of any Hawk in the past 30 years.
Gamble played 2 years- but didn't do much the first one which I believe was under Raveling.

BJ has three rings and Bowen had a pretty long career. Gamble was a solid player, no question.

You would have to say bj was the most accomplished pro with the three rings. He played a big role in those 3 titles, of course he had a little help also. ☺

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT