ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Hibbing's Arm Injury-Also named tourney MOP

icu81222

HR All-American
Dec 4, 2008
Wonder what his status is after leaving due to injury?

If you watched the other night, he pitched in relief vs Oregon and closed them out. He came in with bases loaded and no one out and struck a guy out and forced a double play. Then he came in with 1 out and bases loaded in the first inning vs MSU and got out of the jam. He then went on to pitch flawless until the 6th inning when he had to leave the game with (reportedly) tingling in his fingers after giving up his first hit. Haven't heard anything since.

Unbelievable performance and the reason he was named Regional MOP. He was still hitting low 90's up to that point when he was forced to leave the game.

As a senior, with the season and tourney he had, he no doubt would be drafted. As a senior, not a lot of leverage for draft status but I have to believe his stock rose a tremendous amount during the season. hate to see an injury that might negatively impact that.

Nick battled the same injury all season. It was nothing new for him on Sunday. "IF" Nick gets drafted, it would be in the later rounds. He is a great kid who understands that baseball is probably not in his long term plans. He was a warrior in Springfield and let the coaches know more than once that was his last hoorah on the diamond and he wanted to leave everything he had on the field.

Curious why he wouldn't be a legit prospect?

Nick battled the same injury all season. It was nothing new for him on Sunday. "IF" Nick gets drafted, it would be in the later rounds. He is a great kid who understands that baseball is probably not in his long term plans. He was a warrior in Springfield and let the coaches know more than once that was his last hoorah on the diamond and he wanted to leave everything he had on the field.
I am curious why he wouldn't be considered a legit prospect?

He is long and seemed fairly loose. He obviously has very good stuff. You don't see high level hitters swing through that many pitches or take called 3rd strikes that frequently unless you have very good "stuff".

He works low 90'S consistently.

Is there arm issues that might be the reason?
I feel like I am missing something here with him.....he seems very draftable to me

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT