ADVERTISEMENT

NIL Motivation Poll

Are you still motivated to donate your personal money to the Iowa NIL?

• Yes, I want to help pay players

Votes: 30 17.9%
  • No, I don't think I need to help pay players

Votes: 138 82.1%

• Total voters
My interest in Iowa sports has been waning for some time, well prior to the current pay for play situation. Plenty of other things to do with my time and money.

Agreed, I have purposely cut back back my sports involvement yearly for sometime

Reactions: kkhawk
I'll be motivated to give when there's the possibility of change being made that might actually move the football program ahead. That ain't happening as long as KF is in charge. Even with the new OC, that wasn't KF's doing. If he had his way, BF would still be running the offense. I have zero faith that KF is truly willing to evolve his approach to offense and, as a result, believe we'll continue to rack up close, low-scoring wins over bad/mediocre teams while standing no chance against good teams. I'm not giving money to that.
I won't in any case give any. I already pay a premium for a weekend in IA City for BB & FB. Let the fat cats in the suites with premium parking for their $500k motor homes pay into the Swarm.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
It’s funny how we always complained the SEC was buying players to gain an advantage and now Iowa can openly buy players and talent and suddenly we don’t want to.

One school to the west of us Nebraska has gone whole hog into NIL because they see this as a way to basically buy their way back to glory. With cash they think they are going to overcome recruiting and talent gaps with the big boys like Ohio State and Michigan.
Unfortunately for Iowa that team to the west (Knebbers) will become more successful in sports than Iowa and an Iowa win over Knebbers will rarely happen in FB, or BB.

• Haha
Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Then as the seasons progress and the losses mount keep quiet.
Are you officially associated with this website?

If not, where are you getting the authority to tell someone to "keep quiet"?

Is there a new board regulation making it mandatory that you show your SWARM donation receipt before you're allowed to comment on the team and post your feelings about game outcomes?

Reactions: Iron Doc
Are current powers of college football all that different than they were before NIL?

Did any of the second/third tier football programs before NIL fall off the map after NIL?

I think for the most parts kids are getting more money and that’s about it.

Are current powers of college football all that different than they were before NIL?

Did any of the second/third tier football programs before NIL fall off the map after NIL?

I think for the most parts kids are getting more money and that’s about it.
IDK, seems like a lot more tier 2/3 programs are players now in “free agency” because they have that one big sugar daddy willing to front $5-10 million every year to the program. This is what hurts Iowa the most, not having that billionaire sugar daddy emotionally invested in seeing the Hawkeyes either remain where they sit in the pecking order or take the next step. Regular fans contributing $100 to Swarm won’t be nearly enough.

I’d also point out that NIL has wreaked a lot more havoc in MBB than FB from an Iowa fan’s perspective.

IDK, seems like a lot more tier 2/3 programs are players now in “free agency” because they have that one big sugar daddy willing to front $5-10 million every year to the program. This is what hurts Iowa the most, not having that billionaire sugar daddy emotionally invested in seeing the Hawkeyes either remain where they sit in the pecking order or take the next step. Regular fans contributing $100 to Swarm won’t be nearly enough.

I’d also point out that NIL has wreaked a lot more havoc in MBB than FB from an Iowa fan’s perspective.
What hurts Iowa most is having fans who would rather bitch about the team rather than quit buying cigs one week a month and join SWARM.

What hurts Iowa most is having fans who would rather bitch about the team rather than quit buying cigs one week a month and join SWARM.
YYC5l4.gif

I really think they should be able to put their Venmo user names on their jersey and if you have a great game you probably get more from the fans and if you suck you probably don't. Incentives to play well!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT