Tom Brands
Kirk Speraw
Gary Barta
HERKY is coming as well
Gary Dolphin as the emcee

free admission
door prizes
Numerous SILENT auctions that promise to be better than ever :
autographs of former hawk Coaches and Players along with some special autographed items such as a Heisman Sports Illustrated signed by Heisman winner Bo jackson and runner up CHUCK LONG
a heisman mini helmet signed by the winner, Carson Palmer the runner up BRAD BANKS, and the other finalists

pass the word

Derek Pagel will also be there signing his Book

silent auction items will include autographs from

Hayden Fry
Dan Gable
Tom and Terrry Brands
Tony Ramos
Dallas Clark
Chuck Long
Bobby Hansen
Tim Dwight
Brandon Scherff
Robert Gallery
the entire offensive line from that great group including Coach Philbin:Steinbach, Lightfoot, Porter , etc
much more

kafter5, do you work in the Iowa AD?

do you see it as a bad sign that this post has gotten 1 reply since your posting?

can the Iowa AD not see the writing on the wall with Kirk Ferentz?

how far down are they prepared to sink this football program in order to hang in there with this guy?

.thanks for the bump phenom

not interested in the number of replies, interested in the number of views

notice you were the only negative response tho -- the others that are down on the program had enough class not to do so.

by the way, our football coach isn't the only one coming tonight.
Coach Bluder had a great season and Coach Brands finished second in the nation. Of course our men's basketball team also had a good decent and Coach Speraw will also be there.

of course , the AD Gary Barta will be there .. maybe I will ask him your question. But I can't just say Phenom wants to know .... do you have a real name you can put behind your posts ?

have a great and happy day phenom

Last edited:
Rain cancelled our baseball game so 3boysmom and at least one boy will be in the house. I would hope that no one would stay away because their expectations for the football team are down. We don't get a lot of opportunities in this area to hang with fellow Hawkeyes so I will take them every chance I get.

Reactions: hwksforlife
So Phantom, which is your school, Nebraska or Iowa state?

Iowa grad and fan for life, fake punts, promoting walk ons over scholarship players year in year out(recruits learn this will happen and affects our recruiting) and playing the wrong "X" when X = QB, RB, WR year in year out (recruits also hear this and it affects our recruiting) have wore my fanaticism razor thin.

i suppose some true believers simply must hang in there until the very bitter end. i hope you people enjoy these last few years under Ferentz as you certainly deserve them.

I and many others look around college football and see non absurdly boring offense being played and hope for something better for the alma mater we love. i don't enjoy seeing the football program mocked across the country as having the most overpaid coach and losing to the worst power conference school in college football more often than not.

that being said, there is nothing better than a fall Saturday in Iowa City. i attended in person 11 of the 13 games of the 2009 season including @ PSU, @ MSU, @ OSU, & at the Orange Bowl. question my fandom all you like, won't change anything. a lot of what i'm saying is the truth and sometimes the truth hurts.

nice event , but I am biased of course

..we got the coaches to the airport like minutes before this storm hit

brands was a blast as usual .

Reactions: hwksforlife
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT