ADVERTISEMENT

Nittany Lions

WEH8ST8HAWK

HR All-American
Jan 31, 2004
Saw a post on their site saying that Ruth has regressed after going to ASU. Molinaro, Taylor and Varner must have went with him. I actually root for Taylor as I think he is a good kid. Love seeing Varner and Molinaro piss the bed.

I can understand wanting your club or team to do better and knowing that if another club gets world medals etc, it makes it tougher to recruit and win etc.. I personally think this world team will immensely help the Hawks with recruiting.
However, his comments seemed directed at two individuals and that is what they are. I seriously doubt that Molinaro or Varner have ever done anything to "we hate state Hawk".
It just struck me as sad that a guy revels in the pain of others instead of being happy for the successes of people. I have to say that my guess is that he wishes Snyder would fail also. I do not think he is happy for Snyder.

Reactions: andegre
So sensitive for people you don't even know. Goodness. I'm sure it was more joy that the all mighty NLWC has 0 world team members and the HWC has 2. I also don't mind seeing Varner lose, but I'm not reveling in his personal pain. I don't care about that. I'm sure there were plenty of Penn State and Iowa State fans hoping Metcalf and Ramos would lose, but they didn't.

As for Snyder it appears he has progressed a lot since having Dlagnev as his training partner. I hope all of Team USA has success in Vegas.

I hope Snyder gets a gold medal this year and then takes an Olympic redshirt next year and gets another gold, $250K, a shoe deal, and then loses his NCAA eligibility and never wrestles folkstyle again. He can just keep repping the USA at 213. No need to go to class and cut to 197 every winter.

He kinda has a point...not on the Molinaro, Varner losses. That's kinda bush league. I say kinda cause it he bleeds Black and Gold and it goes to the rivalry we have with ISU and PSU.

On their board, they were questioning if Ruth went downhill...since going to train with the former Olympic Head Coach. Now, Ed might have the fight game on his mind but I just think Jake is that much better. Trying to place the NLWC as the missing link is throwing some shade to the boys down in Phoenix.

If I were a wrestler who is looking to continue in freestyle, I would be looking at the following rooms:

Lightweights (Through 149): Iowa
Middleweights (through 174): Nebraska, ASU
Upper Weights:tO$U

Results don't lie...especially when you see the quick progression of a guy like Dennis. This is not to say that it all won't change. Right now, if you want a tough overall room, it's Penn State, tOSU, OSU and Iowa...probably in that order. Don't worry WE8, I laughed at Molinaro losing out in the first round last year so I've taken some at bats in the Bush League myself.

I hope Snyder gets a gold medal this year and then takes an Olympic redshirt next year and gets another gold, $250K, a shoe deal, and then loses his NCAA eligibility and never wrestles folkstyle again. He can just keep repping the USA at 213. No need to go to class and cut to 197 every winter.
Hawkmann, Todd, Chopper, thank you. Lookleft, you sound like a victim to me. Molinaro and Varner have been all too open in their hate of Iowa. I don't mind giving a little back. I respect Taylor and I think Snyder is a fantastic young wrestler. I am a Hawkeye wrestling fan first and a USA wrestling fan second. I definitely don't need some of you guys approval.

Haha...post of the day. Isn't that super human Russian at 96KG?

Saw a post on their site saying that Ruth has regressed after going to ASU. Molinaro, Taylor and Varner must have went with him. I actually root for Taylor as I think he is a good kid. Love seeing Varner and Molinaro piss the bed.
I don't think Ruth has regressed. Herbert is just that good.

Reactions: rustynailhawk

Perfect. Love it. Make it so!

No PSU guys, just as I was hoping it would be. Little sensitive bitches can't handle someone against PSU? WTF? Who cares what their dreams and hopes were. Did you ever wrestle? Best man wins...go home and cry about and work harder. Losing is hard and they know how to handle it.

Reactions: clhawks00
If a wrestler is representing the USA I will without a doubt cheer for them. Until then I will cheer for Hawkeyes first and foremost. I expect other fans to do that too because it is huge for individual programs. If you don't like it find a new sport or get over it. There are winners and losers in wrestling,

Though the post is too coarse for my taste I don't have a problem with this opinion so long one pulls for them when representing the USA. We all have our favorites.

Hawkmann, Todd, Chopper, thank you. Lookleft, you sound like a victim to me. Molinaro and Varner have been all too open in their hate of Iowa. I don't mind giving a little back. I respect Taylor and I think Snyder is a fantastic young wrestler. I am a Hawkeye wrestling fan first and a USA wrestling fan second. I definitely don't need some of you guys approval.

I'm going to test your fandom wehate; would you rather Thomas Gillman and Cory Clark win NCAA titles next year for the Hawks or Tony Ramos and Brent Metcalf win World Titles for Team USA this summer?

I'm going to test your fandom wehate; would you rather Thomas Gillman and Cory Clark win NCAA titles next year for the Hawks or Tony Ramos and Brent Metcalf win World Titles for Team USA this summer?
No Brainer for me. Anyone who is actively competing for the University of Iowa in a quest for Team NCAA Titles in Folkstyle will always be the #1 priority for me as a fan.

I know you didn't ask but for me it is Gilman and Clark. And it isn't even close.

For the record I don't have anything against Ruth or Taylor really except I think the whole magic man thing is gay.

Dake is a better wrestler than Taylor. He has beaten Taylor 6 times now with no losses. It has been a couple years so I feel comfortable saying Dake is clearly better.

Ruth is a great athlete no question. Over the years he has shown to get a little lazy in matches or disinterested. I am not sure which. His style has some liabilities in freestyle but he is good enough to overcome this. I wonder if he focus is not split. Wrestling and MMA. Hard to serve two masters.

I don't see anything wrong wanting to see certain wrestlers lose even though they are my guys. Heck, I'm not afraid to admit I love seeing McDonough get crushed and hate seeing Metcalf win. But damn...don't put me on the spot with Ramos though. Love his grit and attitude....with him I draw the line in rooting against the bad guys.

There is no reason to be upset if someone roots against someone. It is ridiculous to call someone out for it. I realize it is someone's dream and all but it is the same with football, baseball and all other sport. Are you saying that when the Canadian curling teams release the rock there is not a part of you that hopes it hits a dead spot in the ice causing it to run off the ice? Rooting against a rival is bad? Silly. Makes it fun. It is not like hoping your neighbor gets fired after he buys a better car than you. That's is petty. But in sport, that's fun. When you have a guy waiting to see who makes finals at the worlds, you root against his semi opponent to get your guy through.

(I want to say I hate the magic man nickname so much I wanted to write a Full page post about it but let it go. David is too good to be saddled with such a lame nickname. The fact he supports it...oh. Never mind. Ha).

I don't see anything wrong wanting to see certain wrestlers lose even though they are my guys. Heck, I'm not afraid to admit I love seeing McDonough get crushed and hate seeing Metcalf win. But damn...don't put me on the spot with Ramos though. Love his grit and attitude....with him I draw the line in rooting against the bad guys.

I have no problem with non-Iowa fans rooting against Iowa guys, but I am a little surprised that you "love seeing McDonough get crushed". Matt is a terrific kid and has always been the consummate sportsman, minus the time when he threw away his 2nd-place medal after what I believe was Big Tens -- but even that was intended to be a private matter until the press made a mountain out of a molehill. I can understand why non-Iowa folks would root against Brent, because he's been a favorite punching bag for Iowa haters for many years now.

Again, feel free to feel that way about Matt -- it's just surprising to me, especially when you support a more in-your-face guy like Ramos. I'm glad you respect Tony -- just surprised you relish McD's defeats.

Reactions: rustynailhawk
I hope I didn't come across as a hater. When a guy beats your guy again and again...eventually that sticks with you. You gotta understand, I'm a huge Mega fan and McDonough took it to him. He got what Mega wants. Now I don't care what college you wrestled for. If you represent our country then I'm 100% in your corner. As far as Ramos is concerned, I love the attitude and passion for what he does. He's a favorite of mind but surprisingly not long ago I was a hater. Weird I know but I love that in your face bravado...

Reactions: Azchief32
Nicely done JTS. I agree with you on both counts...nothing wrong with not liking one of your fav wrestler's nemesis. Also, the think that Ramos does is say what is exactly on his mind...and then goes out there and backs it up. Rare in this day and age.

I hope I didn't come across as a hater. When a guy beats your guy again and again...eventually that sticks with you. You gotta understand, I'm a huge Mega fan and McDonough took it to him. He got what Mega wants. Now I don't care what college you wrestled for. If you represent our country then I'm 100% in your corner. As far as Ramos is concerned, I love the attitude and passion for what he does. He's a favorite of mind but surprisingly not long ago I was a hater. Weird I know but I love that in your face bravado...
-------
I respect that position, johnstownsteel, and it doesn't come across as a hater.

Megaludis was always in the thick of things and will be again, no doubt. I was kind of wondering why he wasn't at US Open, especially if he was concentrating on international. Do you know his status, and will he be back at 125# for PSU next season?

I think matt and mega had a pretty good friendship between them.guess he is a bigger man than you are.

-------
I respect that position, johnstownsteel, and it doesn't come across as a hater.

Megaludis was always in the thick of things and will be again, no doubt. I was kind of wondering why he wasn't at US Open, especially if he was concentrating on international. Do you know his status, and will he be back at 125# for PSU next season?

Just for the record, I didn't take the comment about wanting to see McD get crushed as a "hating" one. Just found it a little surprising. As I said, I have no problem with fans rooting for/against certain wrestlers/teams. After all, that's part of the fun of being a fan in the first place.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT