ADVERTISEMENT

No arrests or charges in Neb

They basically said no arrests/charges. For there to be charges they'd have to be able to prove a crime beyond a reasonable and they can't do that. So ethically they aren't going to press charges.

"Questionable activity did happen" but no charges followed by a bunch of no comments.

Really amazing that this type of culture still exists in Lincoln in 2015. They may not win games like they used to but one aspect of their tradition remains intact.

Last edited:
Lincoln PD couldn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt a crime was committed when a skirt player was passed out drunk behind the wheel of a running car.

Do you really think they could pull this off?

Reactions: HawkeyeinOmaha
Lincoln PD couldn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt a crime was committed when a skirt player was passed out drunk behind the wheel of a running car.

Do you really think they could pull this off?

Hey.....

They had their best detective on it.

92483da97c175c55011de69862acae9f.jpg

It's certainly different than what happened to DJK when something suspicious happened at his house that he wasn't involved in. Oh, and that was drugs, this was rape...

If there's no charges, I really don't have a huge problem with how Nebraska's handling it, but I know for certain there would be players suspended if this were Iowa.

Why would anything be up to the school??? Insufficient evidence to charge was explained by LPD at the press conference.

The school's Title IX office can still levy some punishment. They are mandated to investigate claims against students of sexual assault, and unlike a criminal case, they do not have to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt". They operate like a civil case would and have a much lower standard of proof, which is "the greater weight of the evidence", or, enough evidence to convince an impartial person that the scales of justice tip, even slightly, one way and not the other. The office, if they choose to impose a punishment, can order counseling, suspend or expel a student from school and/or bar them from any school activities, including athletics. The office has 60 days to complete an investigation.

Pathetic and totally expected.
No code of conduct in Lincoln.

Any player pointed to by the victim
should be pulled from play pending further investigation.

It's certainly different than what happened to DJK when something suspicious happened at his house that he wasn't involved in. Oh, and that was drugs, this was rape...

If there's no charges, I really don't have a huge problem with how Nebraska's handling it, but I know for certain there would be players suspended if this were Iowa.

Correct. "They would not be in good standing". At Nebraska, the ends justify the means. Pure Machiavelli.

Reactions: thewop
The school's Title IX office can still levy some punishment. They are mandated to investigate claims against students of sexual assault, and unlike a criminal case, they do not have to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt". They operate like a civil case would and have a much lower standard of proof, which is "the greater weight of the evidence", or, enough evidence to convince an impartial person that the scales of justice tip, even slightly, one way and not the other. The office, if they choose to impose a punishment, can order counseling, suspend or expel a student from school and/or bar them from any school activities, including athletics. The office has 60 days to complete an investigation.

You are better off just being quiet Alum. Past history and the record of Nebraska in dealing with athlete behavior is abysmal. Looks like we can add just another "incident" to the long list.

Why isn't anyone asking the question as to the responsibility of those renting the house for supplying alcohol to under aged individuals? Oh right because the Lincoln PD is involved that is why.

Got it.

Last edited:
Where are all the liberal women's groups to protest this? Cop said he believed the victim. Bunch of "no comment" statements after that.

Business as usual in Lincoln Nebraska. Go Big Rape

It doesn't fit their "war on women" narrative. (smh)

You are better off just being quiet Alum. Past history and the record of Nebraska in dealing with athlete behavior is abysmal. Looks like we can add just another "incident" to me the long list.

Why isn't anyone asking the question as to the responsibility of those renting the house for supplying alcohol to under aged individuals? Oh right because the Lincoln PD is involved that is why.

Got it.

Quiet? Why? I just responded to a question above about how or why the school would get involved. The whole process of how sexual assaults are investigated on the campuses of major universities has changed a lot in the last several years because of Title IX mandates.

As for the alcohol, I haven't heard anything about that other than supposed rumor. You don't know the facts, I don't know the facts. You have to trust that the police department and attorney's office do the right thing under the letter of the law. I know most everyone here is going to scream "cover up, cover up, cover up!" But the facts are, like the press conference stated, there is not enough evidence to pursue criminal charges. There may be, however, punishment handed down by the university's Title IX office. From what I gather, that office has not yet received the reports from the LPD/attorney's office. Also, if I recall correctly, the university's Title IX, though required to investigate, cannot comment if it is investigating and cannot comment on what punishments are handed out due to student privacy laws. If the Title IX group imposes something before Friday's game on any player, you'll only know about it if said rumored players are not on the field for the game. The police department did confirm that six people were at the residence at the time of the alleged assault, it is entirely possible that the suspect is not a football player. We'll never know since no names are being released.

An overview of how the Title IX investigation process works: http://www.omaha.com/news/nebraska/...cle_17be6829-17fd-5b21-87e7-20ce0b973071.html

Last edited:
The cops talked the players and Armstrong said "from what we're hearing everything was consensual" which makes me think he probably wasn't the suspect. I'm sure he's raped plenty of women in the past, maybe just not on that night.

Will there be enough black and gold to get a "No means No!" chant loud enough for the tv to pick up? There's four of us that will try to get it rolling.

Quiet? Why? I just responded to a question above about how or why the school would get involved. The whole process of how sexual assaults are investigated on the campuses of major universities has changed a lot in the last several years because of Title IX mandates.

As for the alcohol, I haven't heard anything about that other than supposed rumor. You don't know the facts, I don't know the facts. You have to trust that the police department and attorney's office do the right thing under the letter of the law. I know most everyone here is going to scream "cover up, cover up, cover up!" But the facts are, like the press conference stated, there is not enough evidence to pursue criminal charges. There may be, however, punishment handed down by the university's Title IX office. From what I gather, that office has not yet received the reports from the LPD/attorney's office.

Yes of course the whole world should trust the Lincoln PD because of their proven incompetence in the past.

The cops talked the players and Armstrong said "from what we're hearing everything was consensual" which makes me think he probably wasn't the suspect. I'm sure he's raped plenty of women in the past, maybe just not on that night.

Will there be enough black and gold to get a "No means No!" chant loud enough for the tv to pick up? There's four of us that will try to get it rolling.

No because that'd be bush league and I myself would not participate in such an unclassy chant

As for the alcohol, I haven't heard anything about that other than supposed rumor. You don't know the facts, I don't know the facts. You have to trust that the police department and attorney's office do the right thing under the letter of the law. I know most everyone here is going to scream "cover up, cover up, cover up!" But the facts are, like the press conference stated, there is not enough evidence to pursue criminal charges. There may be, however, punishment handed down by the university's Title IX office. From what I gather, that office has not yet received the reports from the LPD/attorney's office. Also, if I recall correctly, the university's Title IX, though required to investigate, cannot comment if it is investigating and cannot comment on what punishments are handed out due to student privacy laws. If the Title IX group imposes something before Friday's game on any player, you'll only know about it if said rumored players are not on the field for the game. The police department did confirm that six people were at the residence at the time of the alleged assault, it is entirely possible that the suspect is not a football player. We'll never know since no names are being released.

An overview of how the Title IX investigation process works: http://www.omaha.com/news/nebraska/...cle_17be6829-17fd-5b21-87e7-20ce0b973071.html
zufaDCY.gif

Don't bite the hand that feeds you! Most of the force gets ca$h side jobs, working "security" inside the stadium. Best seat in the house. Would have been shocked if any charges were filed.

Graham Spanier and the Franklin Savings and Loan continue to be the flavor of the day in Nebby land. Win at all cost...and then tell everyone how wonderful and ethical we are!

Well one thing's for sure.

We're gonna find out in short order if Mike Riley really is different than the enablers who came before him.

Again, unless names are released, the suspect might not even be a member of the football program, many are just assuming that it was either Armstrong, Westerkamp or both.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT