ADVERTISEMENT

no chance to be a hawk but...

HR All-American
Feb 23, 2002
We may want to keep an eye on Jo Jo Smith.
That kid looked like a man among boys. Outscored opponents 72-0 in Fargo.
He looks for real.

Reactions: PapaBearSLIM
Alex Marinelli will be our answer to Mr Smith. Frankly, I like our chances a lot..... The highest ranked kid he faced was #16 Paden Moore. Color me not impressed.

I hope we have a strong answer for him as well but to go through Fargo and not get scored on is impressive. Watching him, he has the stuff. Don't look past him, I am telling you.

Reactions: PapaBearSLIM
Marnelli will be the answer for many things. Watched him in Cedar Rapids for Agon and the kid has Iowa Style written all over him. Truly think he is someone you want to be the face of your program. Also Jo Jo is tough no doubt and yes we have no chance to get him.

Reactions: Huck
Alex Marinelli will be our answer to Mr Smith. Frankly, I like our chances a lot..... The highest ranked kid he faced was #16 Paden Moore. Color me not impressed.

Smith will be a 157 in college do t expect to see him or marineli face off maybe when smith is a senior if he can move up to 165 it could happen

Going through Fargo unscored upon is unimpressive to you? Your standards are insane. Which U.S. Olympic gold medalist are you?
He's that guy who starts a thread about the "worst" 4 timer.
In all seriousness what Smith did was highly impressive and he deserved OW. Was not the strongest weight but 100 guys in a bracket, 7 matches and he teched/blanked em all. Fargo is a grind and the hardest thing to do is maintain focus for so many matches over 3 days. Look at how many brackets had the favorites not only give up points/not tech everybody but the favorites were not champs.
It's FARGO man!

I'm sure nobody thought we had a chance to land Mark Perry either. Crazy things happen sometimes!

Reactions: Knight563
You guys must be kidding if you think Jo Jo is still on the open market. One year ago I posted that Jo Jo was going to Iowa. It was funny how many Iowa posters took the bait. Was one of my better moment on the Iowa board, still laughing about it! If you think Jo is going to be a average D1 wrestler at what ever weight he goes then you haven't watched him wrestle the last 8 months!

You guys must be kidding if you think Jo Jo is still on the open market. One year ago I posted that Jo Jo was going to Iowa. It was funny how many Iowa posters took the bait. Was one of my better moment on the Iowa board, still laughing about it! If you think Jo is going to be a average D1 wrestler at what ever weight he goes then you haven't watched him wrestle the last 8 months!

Maybe they took the bait because there is precedence with defection in the family. The only thing average here are your pleas for attention from Iowa fans.

Word on the street is that JoJo is looking to pull his commitment to OSU. It's no secret that JoJo and Dad have had a number of battles of JoJo's timely execution of household chores. Latest blowup was over the mowing of the lawn. Dad didn't buy JoJo's excuse and let's just say the blowup wasn't pretty. For her part, Mom has been riding JoJo hard for not making his bed, and for blowing curfew two Saturdays ago. Morning* has opened a back channel through JoJo's kid sister. Stay tuned.

Reactions: 86_90
I hope we have a strong answer for him as well but to go through Fargo and not get scored on is impressive. Watching him, he has the stuff. Don't look past him, I am telling you.
Didn't Ryan Morningstar pull off a similar feat at Fargo? Couldn't find the evidence but believe he went unscored upon or gave up 1 point or something along that line on his way to a Junior Freestyle Title as well.

Maybe they took the bait because there is precedence with defection in the family. The only thing average here are your pleas for attention from Iowa fans.
Az, just because you jumped on it last year you don't have to be bitter about it! Now your pissing in your cereal this morning about Jo and Fargo results so I'll try to cheer you up, I hear Daton Fix and Gfeller wants to be a Hawk! Would that be a coup? Pleasant dreams my good friend Az.

Last edited:
Didn't Ryan Morningstar pull off a similar feat at Fargo? Couldn't find the evidence but believe he went unscored upon or gave up 1 point or something along that line on his way to a Junior Freestyle Title as well.

Pretty sure you're right, Sloe. Don't think Ryan gave up a point his last time around at Fargo.

I'll be surprised if Smith doesn't have a very successful career for the Pokes.

Pretty sure you're right, Sloe. Don't think Ryan gave up a point his last time around at Fargo.

I'll be surprised if Smith doesn't have a very successful career for the Pokes.
He does have a bit of a pedigree. He'd probably get better Coaching in Iowa City though........;)

Reactions: whejoe
Az, just because you jumped on it last year you don't have to be bitter about it! Now your pissing in your cereal this morning about Jo and Fargo results so I'll try to cheer you up, I hear Daton Fix and Gfeller wants to be a Hawk! Would that be a coup? Present dreams my good friend Az.

You see, this is why you relegate yourself to simple troll status Mike...I have been nothing but complimentary to Oklahoma's performance at Fargo. Also said this:
JoJo's a stud. No way to minimize it.

Sad...you are getting no better than the average troll that stops in here (or at BWI) for a quickie. One question, did they revoke one of Ruth's NCAA titles and didn't tell us?

Reactions: moug and Knight563
JoJo is a bonofide stud and his leg attacks are some of the best I've seen in recent years. Okie State has a great one and one that I would assume is going to school there for free and not counting on scholarship. They are going to be a dangerous team and I look forward to all future duals with them.

Reactions: Knight563 and Huck
I agree, IMO Jo Jo has taken it to a different level this past year. I'm a big fan of his attacking style, he defiantly didn't pick that up from his cousins.

You see, this is why you relegate yourself to simple troll status Mike...I have been nothing but complimentary to Oklahoma's performance at Fargo. Also said this:

Sad...you are getting no better than the average troll that stops in here (or at BWI) for a quickie. One question, did they revoke one of Ruth's NCAA titles and didn't tell us?
Az, I have recently realize that I will always be a troll on other boards so I'm going to revel in it and have some fun. Some may like it and others won't, don't real care what side who is on. If you don't like my honest input from a "outsiders view looking in", and that makes me a troll, then please call me Mr Troll so people know which troll you are talking about!

Az, I have recently realize that I will always be a troll on other boards so I'm going to revel in it and have some fun. Some may like it and others won't, don't real care what side who is on. If you don't like my honest input from a "outsiders view looking in", and that makes me a troll, then please call me Mr Troll so people know which troll you are talking about!

Mr. Troll, did you see GG121AND2's post about ponying up some $$$ for the little trolls? Come on.

As long we are changing peoples names around here can we get Jo Jo a new one as well? Very impressive run thru Fargo for the young man.

Mr Troll has a nice ring but BIPOLAR MIKE fits you to a T. Man.....whats up your ass lately?

Reactions: Knight563
It takes a lot of stretching to downplay a 72-0 romp thru Fargo. Yeesh

It was more of a poke to ole tool bag Tognetti. That being said, I'm not a fan of oKiEStAtE. I hope Kemerer if he moves up or Marinelli puts a beat down on him. I really don't want to listen to the troll for the next 5 years.

My wife cut me off:(. Got to take it out on someone
You are better off trying to make friends at a time like this than making enemies. As a side note - when your wife wants nothing to do with you and neither do other wrestling fans,it is possible that your behavior is the culprit.
PS.. just messing with you Mr Troll. I am assuming that you were kidding and just having fun.

As long we are changing peoples names around here can we get Jo Jo a new one as well? Very impressive run thru Fargo for the young man.

John Smith was "John-John" for many years. Never understood that stuff but whatever creams your Twinkie.

You are better off trying to make friends at a time like this than making enemies. As a side note - when your wife wants nothing to do with you and neither do other wrestling fans,it is possible that your behavior is the culprit.
PS.. just messing with you Mr Troll. I am assuming that you were kidding and just having fun.
It's not my fault that my wife and almost everybody else takes me wrong.

7 matches and tech'ing everyone at a JV event is a yawn. In Fargo...it is for real.

IMO it's quite unusual for someone in the Lee Roy Smith, Sr. clan not to be an NCAA champ. I'd expect Joe Smith to win a few.

ADVERTISEMENT