ADVERTISEMENT

Northern Plains

Incoming recruit Cole Erickson is wrestling as well. Finished 3rd in Greco, freestyle tomorrow.

Wow! John Meeks beat Chase Pami multiple time AA. He may finally arrive next year at 149. Alex Meyer has an inevitable show down with Trotman, AA from Appalachian St

Wow! John Meeks beat Chase Pami multiple time AA. He may finally arrive next year at 149. Alex Meyer has an inevitable show down with Trotman, AA from Appalachian St

Yes, big win for John. Let's hope he keeps it up. He just needs some confidence.

Reactions: 515Hawkeye
I'm far from an ISU fan, but I'd really like to see Meeks have some success at the D1 level.

Can someone explain what happened in Happel's quarter match with Hornbuckle? On track wrestling he was down 9-0 then in the blink of an eye he won 19-9 all in the first period. WTF?!

Juniors:
132: Paul Glynn in semis vs. Sutton from IL
138: Happel in semis vs. Marko from PINacle
145: Aaron Meyer in semis vs. AJ Geers from Eastern Iowa (winner likely faces Max Thomsen)
160: Cole Erickson in semis vs. Samudio (Albert Lea)
160: Jeremiah Moody in consis (needs 2 more wins to place top 4 after losing in first round to Erickson)

(Did anyone notice that I'm counting Happel as an Iowa recruit? No inside info, just optimism.)

Reactions: 24hansi
I'm interested in the Tony Nelson/Eric Thompson semi. Thompson got the better seed.

Jr division results:
132: Glynn 1st
138: Happel 3rd
145: Aaron Meyer 2nd (lost to Thomsen by TF)
160: Erickson 1st (4 TFs and a pin)
160: Moody 3rd (only loss to Erickson)

Then he went out and got his clock cleaned in his next two matches.

With all due respect to Meeks, Pami forfeited out of the tourney after the loss, so there's a possibility he was injured during the match. Anyone see the match?

With all due respect to Meeks, Pami forfeited out of the tourney after the loss, so there's a possibility he was injured during the match. Anyone see the match?

It's a fairly common occurrence in these tournaments that when you are no longer in contention you IJ out,

Downey got beat and just left. He was called to his next match multiple times before they called it a forfeit.

Wow! Up 13 pounds from the season. Wonder it this is the weight he will be wrestling next year.

Its not uncommon for a high schooler to wrestle up for competition if they feel comfortable. I am not saying Renteria didn't grow, but for instance one of Iowa's top HS freshman Alex Thomsen wrestled up to 126 so he could wrestle in the same bracket as Hellickson, Portillo, and Rathbun.

Also, I know Mejia said his offseason plan is to get to 126 for next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight563
It's a fairly common occurrence in these tournaments that when you are no longer in contention you IJ out,

But as evidenced by later thrashings, there was more to the story than the win over Pami.

I pull for Meeks so it was nice to see him compete.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT