ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official IOWA vs. GCU Game Thread*****

😅😅😅

I love the meltdown on this board right now. Apparently people have forgotten that OSU and Purdue were upset yesterday. Winning is all that matters and the game was never even close in the 2nd half. Try to enjoy the ride.

I didn't check in here the entire game. The Hawks controlled this game from start to finish and all I am seeing here is chagrin. It hasn't been long ago we would have died for a win in the tourney. Murray played a great game and everyone played well enough to earn a convincing victory. You just can't please some people.

Why are we underselling these midmajors? Look, this isn't like the old days anymore. Midmajor champions have skill. Add to that the abbreviated year due to covid, judging these teams is a crap shoot.

With the exception of Gonzaga, most of these mid major champions have played a whole bunch of fluff and often fail in their one or two cracks at legit Top 25 competition in the non-conference schedule.

Teams like Ohio State, Purdue and Virginia were built for multiple tournament wins and generally speaking, totally outclass just about every mid-major program from a talent and scheduling standpoint.

Thats not meant as a knock against the ORU’s and UNT’s as they obviously did something right to get where they are at, but there is a reason why 13-and-lower seeds rarely win a single tournament game; longer runs are rarer still.

And it gave up 40 points to them in the back 20.

The win was good, but they cannot afford to be complacent.
It took them 70 shots to get their points. Iowa did a decent job when they needed to but I agree, they coasted a lot of the second half. I hope they were saving their energy for Monday!

Gave up way to many off rebounds. No block outs.

Dude, they out sized us by 2 or 3" per person on average. Seriously, rebounds are hard to come by when the team out averages you by that margin.... no matter how much you box out. Seriously man.

Just reading these boards you would really think the team is terrible, coached by a racist gomer pyle that doesn't understand their personnel and cannot substitute properly instead of being a national top 7 2nd seed that carried a 15 point lead throughout the first 18 minutes of the second half.

I think we will pound Oregon. Instead of playing a team with three decent big boys like the Antelopes Iowa will play team with no decent big boys. Inside is Oregon's major weakness and Iowa's major strength. Luka is going to devour Oregon, especially if the Hawks are hitting threes to prevent the defense collapsing on Luka. Patrick and especially Keegan might have some nice play as well. We also match up well with Oregon's perimeter defense because we start four guys that can handle the ball. Whatever the other complaints Connor and Jordan are excellent ball handlers and post feeders with few turnovers. Oregon had to hate drawing Garza in the second round.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT