ADVERTISEMENT

****Official IOWA vs Missouri State/Canisius Game Thread****

Iowa is playing with fire; somehow its still 2-2 in top of 5th (MO St is the away team) but MO State is threatening once again (2 men on, just one out)

Hard for the offense to get any momentum when the defense is out there for 20-25 mins at a time. Our batters are gonna have to make their pitcher work a bit and let his breaking pitches go to the dirt.

Did this game start at 8? Well, its almost 11.

We are not even half way through and the game is approaching 3 hours? Can that be right???

Not to mention BP isn't that strong

@codyhills1: If you dare to look past Oregon, Mo. St's pitching notably cools off after Hall.
Knutson 3.11 ERA in 12 starts
Cheray 4.95 ERA in 14 starts

Garbage curve? Dude leads nation in K's and he is on tonight.
dont-care.gif

Personally, I'd rather not give credit where credit is due if I don't need to..........and right now I don't, soooooooooo deal with it.

Lead-off goes down looking. Solid. Don't care how "good" the opposing pitcher is, either. That means we're not winning, is what that means to me....

So, it's done like NCAA tournament? I'm confused how Iowa would replace a top 8 seed, unless MSU is a top 8 team.

Yes, it is done like the basketball tourney where you take over the seed line so to speak And yes, as someone else said Mo State was the #8 national seed. There is no re-seeding of the field once it is set. Many questions were raised after last years debacle by the committee--but serious move to re-seed has been made.

If Iowa wins the region they play the winner of the Stillwater Region next weekend somewhere. The winner of that Super will play the winner of the Los Angeles(UCLA host)/"Santa Barbara(UC-Santa Barbara host--who has been eliminated)" super regional in the first game in Omaha.

ADVERTISEMENT