ADVERTISEMENT

****Official IOWA vs Oregon Losers Bracket Game****

OnceAhawk

HR MVP
Jan 29, 2015
Iowa (40-17) will take on Oregon (38-24) in Sunday's 2 p.m. elimination game, with the winner playing Missouri State at 7 p.m. Sunday. The Iowa-Oregon winner will need to beat the Bears twice to advance to the best-of-three Super Regional and move one step closer to the College World Series.

Missouri State (47-10) extended its winning streak to 18 – the longest current run in the nation – and avenged a 6-5 loss to Iowa on Feb. 21.

*************************************************************************************

Game Info:

Date: 5/31
Time: 2:00 PM CT
Iowa vs. Oregon
TV: NONE; game will be online only (ESPN3)

Listen to the Iowa radio broadcast here:
http://tunein.com/radio/Iowa-Hawkeyes-Sports-Network-powered-by-Learfield-Sports-s231143/

*************************************************************************************

If Iowa can win their next 3 games (Oregon today and MO State twice) they will advance to the Sweet 16 (Super Regional). There are 8 Super Regional sites (2 teams at each site) where the 2 teams in each super regional play a best 2 out of 3; the 8 Super Regional winners advance to the College World Series in Omaha, NE.

When Iowa beat Oregon on Friday it ended a 43 year drought; Iowa won its first NCAA Tournament baseball game since 1972 (the Nixon administration!)

Rick Heller has done a heller of a job in just his 2nd year on the job.

The Friday win over Oregon gave Iowa 40 victories for the first time since 1985; Iowa's record is now 40-17 (after Saturday's loss to MO State).

Friday Iowa/Oregon Highlights, box score and more: http://www.hawkeyesports.com/sports/m-basebl/recaps/052915aac.html

A replay of Iowa/Oregon can be seen here: http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/2584746/ If you want to skip around, Iowa scored in the 2nd, 3rd and 5th innings; the 9th started with a rain delay but was worth watching as well. With the rain delay, the game was over 4 hours long!

A replay of Saturday's Iowa/MO State game can be seen here: http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/2505524/

GO HAWKS!!!

Last edited:
Say Iowa manages to beat Oregon and Missouri State in the first game....would they go back-to-back or would they play again on Monday? Because with a 7 pm start time for the first game, and how long it took to finish today's game even without the rain delay........I'm just sayin.

Say Iowa manages to beat Oregon and Missouri State in the first game....would they go back-to-back or would they play again on Monday? Because with a 7 pm start time for the first game, and how long it took to finish today's game even without the rain delay........I'm just sayin.

They better play no earlier than Monday night....at least for Iowa's sake, I hope that's the case.....

This game concerns me. Oregon still has some good arms left, they did not use their better guys vs Canisius. Iowa HAS to have 5 or 6 from Mathews. I imagine we will go to Vandermaten/Hibbing after that. If we do find a way to win, gotta think a guy like Nick Gallagher comes into play at this point pitching wise.

If iowa or Oregon win 2 today, they play MSU tomorrow in winner take all game.

The Monday game will be at 1 pm. Baseball regionals will almost never have one team play three games in one day. They would have to be trying to avoid the nuclear option, I would imagine, for that to happen.

In the softball regionals it happens somewhat frequently.

I love when I find out the answer to my own questions.

In NCAA and NAIA college baseball, the game will end if a team is ahead by at least 10 runs after seven innings in a scheduled 9-inning game. Most NCAA conferences only apply the rule on the final day of a series for travel reasons or during conference tournaments in order to allow the next game to start. The rule is not allowed in NCAA tournament play where all games must be at least nine innings.

When you don't know what the strike zone is, you can't take a good approach. Horrible last 2 games for the umps

Good work on defense that half inning. I hope we get some timely hits from these guys. Would be nice to see an O'Toole or Day game winner here (obviously no walk-off, we're the visiting team).

Defense wins championships.....unless it's baseball. You can pitch that ball into a glove until your arm falls off, but if you can't hit the ball enough to score (or at all....), then you're gonna spend 3 hours doing what amounts to nothing.

Maybe next year they'll invest in some future offensive recruits who can also field the ball, if need be.....

I hope we get some crushers.
Heller did as there was a article on the 2015 recruits and some of the 2016 recruits, remember this is just his 2nd season using the prior staffs recruits. the majority of this seasons starters are JR and SR's.

Moriel with a huge two out single to score Roscetti.

2-1 headed into the bottom of the 11th. Lets go Hawks!!

Could someone please elaborate? I was out with my youngest at his friend's birthday party.

I'm assuming they're talking about runner interference. We had guys on 1st and 3rd, one out. Ground ball gets the runner at second. Errant throw to first so no DP and run scores. Totally clean slide by the runner into second but was called interference. Honestly have no idea how it was. But it erased the run and ended the inning.

I'm assuming they're talking about runner interference. We had guys on 1st and 3rd, one out. Ground ball gets the runner at second. Errant throw to first so no DP and run scores. Totally clean slide by the runner into second but was called interference. Honestly have no idea how it was. But it erased the run and ended the inning.
Thanks StormHawk and Cougar. I saw that called in another game last night - can't remember which one (maybe TAMU?), and thought it was pretty iffy. Runner was a little to the right side of bag, but not much I didn't think.

Oh well, good guys ended up winning, although the last thing we needed was to have to play two extra innings.

Thanks StormHawk and Cougar. I saw that called in another game last night - can't remember which one (maybe TAMU?), and thought it was pretty iffy. Runner was a little to the right side of bag, but not much I didn't think.

Oh well, good guys ended up winning, although the last thing we needed was to have to play two extra innings.
ESPNU commentator said he thought it was the correct call because the runner didn't stay on the ground through the slide (something about his foot, leg or body coming up a bit to distract the throw during the slide). I didn't see the play, but I'll just assume the ESPNU guy was incorrect and that Iowa got hosed on another bad call by an official/ump.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT