ADVERTISEMENT

On the subject of way too early 2015/16 predictions.

DanL53

HR Legend
Sep 12, 2013
Illinois just got a commitment from senior transfer 6'11" Mike Thorne Jr.

As a junior he averaged 10.1 ppg and 7.3 rebounds for Charlotte. Solid player, fills a need.

I've never heard of the kid but I like his size and pretty good numbers too. Here's to hoping Dale Jones is up to the challenge.

Purdue should be in the top 6 for sure next season. Still room for Iowa?

Originally posted by Suterman:

They still have experienced players and enough pieces (IMO) to be an upper echelon Big Ten team next season (i.e. top 6 or better). They might need a returning player or two to really break out (Uthoff? Jok?) or a newcomer to surprise (at least, from an outsider's perspective) to really have a chance at the regular season title.

Originally posted by nagemj02:
Originally posted by Suterman:

They still have experienced players and enough pieces (IMO) to be an upper echelon Big Ten team next season (i.e. top 6 or better). They might need a returning player or two to really break out (Uthoff? Jok?) or a newcomer to surprise (at least, from an outsider's perspective) to really have a chance at the regular season title.
We are a 7th/8th place type team UNLESS some of the frosh step up big (e.g. like Aaron White, Mesahn Basabe did during first year)

Thanks for the vote of confidence! Good to hear from another B10 fan... The Hawks do have a solid core returning. They should improve too... The newbies are a question mark, but there are enough(7 counting our RSFR) of them that two or more should have good years. It will be another fun year in the B1G!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT