ADVERTISEMENT

One last shot at Nebraska… ouch.

I’m sure that guy will get a lot of fist-pumping from the Hawkeye faithful, but that was mostly a hack job. Easy to kick a team while they’re down. The only part that gave a chuckle was when he asked “How many states were there back then?” when referring to Neb’s last natty.
Thought it was junk....and I am not a Debbie fan....Just not an Andy fan at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dauminator
I’m sure that guy will get a lot of fist-pumping from the Hawkeye faithful, but that was mostly a hack job. Easy to kick a team while they’re down. The only part that gave a chuckle was when he asked “How many states were there back then?” when referring to Neb’s last natty.
I don't know about fist pumping but lots of facts were presented. You just can't make this shit up.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
I mean, sure, but they've been "down" for about a decade now.

If we hold Nebby to the same standards their fans think they belong at/in... they've been "down" for 26 years.

In fact, they've been really "down" for half a decade, so much so, that they aren't really down any longer, they're just who they are.

The game has changed so much since they were relevant. It's sad, actually, but they'll never be at that level again. They really won't. This is the new median for them. You can't lose this much and this badly to mediocre teams and recover that status. It's too late. They're another Minnesota except, in an extremely low population state.

So no, they're not down, this is who Nebby has been. Gone are the days. Only their fans believe because they're subjective. Nobody else cares about them anymore. Every year, the remnants decay more and more.

I mean, sure, but they've been "down" for about a decade now.

If we hold Nebby to the same standards their fans think they belong at/in... they've been "down" for 26 years.

In fact, they've been really "down" for half a decade, so much so, that they aren't really down any longer, they're just who they are.

The game has changed so much since they were relevant. It's sad, actually, but they'll never be at that level again. They really won't. This is the new median for them. You can't lose this much and this badly to mediocre teams and recover that status. It's too late. They're another Minnesota except, in an extremely low population state.

So no, they're not down, this is who Nebby has been. Gone are the days. Only their fans believe because they're subjective. Nobody else cares about them anymore. Every year, the remnants decay more and more.
This!

Lol, Nebbers

Nebby's demise has been affected greatly by their lack of Prop 48 kids on the roster, and the fact they don't play in Texas or on the West coast regularly and recruits from those areas aren't that interested in the Huskers b/c families can't see them play as often. That may change a little with the Pac12 additions coming, but I think the damage is done.

Nebby's demise has been affected greatly by their lack of Prop 48 kids on the roster, and the fact they don't play in Texas or on the West coast regularly and recruits from those areas aren't that interested in the Huskers b/c families can't see them play as often. That may change a little with the Pac12 additions coming, but I think the damage is done.
Very true. There are a myriad of reasons why Nebraska will never taste that level of success again. They're done being elite, that's essentially empirical at this point. They can be good again however, of course, but it's hard to even envision their ceiling being as high as ours is anymore or with any level of consistency.

Believe it or not, I do actually feel bad for their fans. To have been as good as they once were and to see this now...damn. It's all that state had too.

Reactions: hahkize
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT