ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ferrell Staying?

DanL53

HR Legend
Sep 12, 2013
No formal announcement but Gary Parrish at CBS is reporting that Yogi Ferrell will stay at Indiana. With incoming talent on the inside, Indiana should be much improved in 2015/16.

I'm not sure I'd place them in the top three, depending on if Purdue finds a serviceable point guard. But they will be talented. Much will depend on what Crean does with the talent.

The Big Ten should be a very tough conference this coming season. With Iowa's influx of multiple bodies, it will be hard to determine what kind of expectations to place on our Hawkeyes. Top seven? Maybe. With Michigan State and Maryland pretty much sure thing top ten teams. With Purdue possibly there? Then Indiana?

I'd put Iowa in a group of six after that, somewhere. Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Ohio State, Michigan and Northwestern. Just an early guess, but perhaps we could reasonably expect to top three of those for that seventh spot? It's going to take some of our new guys to contribute right away, one or two in a big way.

No formal announcement but Gary Parrish at CBS is reporting that Yogi Ferrell will stay at Indiana. With incoming talent on the inside, Indiana should be much improved in 2015/16.

I'm not sure I'd place them in the top three, depending on if Purdue finds a serviceable point guard. But they will be talented. Much will depend on what Crean does with the talent.

The Big Ten should be a very tough conference this coming season. With Iowa's influx of multiple bodies, it will be hard to determine what kind of expectations to place on our Hawkeyes. Top seven? Maybe. With Michigan State and Maryland pretty much sure thing top ten teams. With Purdue possibly there? Then Indiana?

I'd put Iowa in a group of six after that, somewhere. Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Ohio State, Michigan and Northwestern. Just an early guess, but perhaps we could reasonably expect to top three of those for that seventh spot? It's going to take some of our new guys to contribute right away, one or two in a big way.
Yes, YF is coming back. IU will be loaded and as you state, what will the Tan Clap Master do with all of this talent. Potential starters are 3 mickey D's AA and two top 50.

The big question is who gets Crean'd to make room? Aren't they still over?

By one. Jeremiah April, a frosh last year. 6'11" 240 lb two star only saw action in four games. Will probably suddenly decide to transfer for more playing time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT