ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Nick Noskowiak commits to ISU

StormHawk42

HR Legend
Nov 3, 2009
I know, I know. Another ISU thread. But for those that hadn't seen, Wisconsin PG Noskowiak committed to ISU today. We had sniffed around some this winter, but nothing really ever came of it. Fran seemed to steer clear and head for C. Williams.

Reactions: cysbone
Yeah some weird sh!t with him and his dad and afterward, he and Marquette parted ways. I doubt more than a few people know what really happened so I won't speculate.

Golden boy runs one off only to take another just like him. But of course this one is different, clown fans will tell you just ask them.

Just like him? I can't really piece together what you're getting at here. I'm sure it's completely insane as always, but I am curious.

Reactions: Myvue
That's what I assumed but I was going to give JWR a chance - of course he failed miserably with it as expected, but that can't be helped.

Golden Boy runs one PG off and adds another one just like him. But tell the world how it really is.

Golden Boy runs one PG off and adds another one just like him. But tell the world how it really is.

A backup PG decided to transfer so they recruited another backup PG, seems pretty obvious. What do you consider happened to that backup JuCo PG that transferred out of Iowa this year? Did he get run out of Iowa City or was he just looking for a situation that was a better fit for him? I would assume he was looking for some play time, but I'm curious what you're well thought out ideas are on it.

A backup PG decided to transfer so they recruited another backup PG, seems pretty obvious. What do you consider happened to that backup JuCo PG that transferred out of Iowa this year? Did he get run out of Iowa City or was he just looking for a situation that was a better fit for him? I would assume he was looking for some play time, but I'm curious what you're well thought out ideas are on it.

My thoughts are exactly what I have said.

So tells us what really happened isu80.
So did the switch over to new forum software unban all your alter egos JWR? How long til you get banned for the, what, fifth time?

ISU lost a 6'0" pg and signed a bigger 6'2" and stronger point guard. Is that what you meant by "just like"?

Tough break for ISU seeing their top target land at their arch rival today

Last edited:
I believe he suffers from paranoia and perhaps some sort of clinical depression, or at least this was alleged. He was not able to get along with his father. Seems to fit the ISU pattern. (Royce White, etc.....)

Reactions: 77clone
I believe he suffers from paranoia and perhaps some sort of clinical depression, or at least this was alleged. He was not able to get along with his father. Seems to fit the ISU pattern. (Royce White, etc.....)
--------------------------------------------------
Sounds as if he would be right at home on this Message Board.

alleged by who? do you ever feel bad that you have to continuously make stuff to draw attention to yourself on this site? the kids dad was abusive, that is well known. and would be a good reason not to play for a coach as verbally abusive as fran is.

alleged by who? do you ever feel bad that you have to continuously make stuff to draw attention to yourself on this site? the kids dad was abusive, that is well known. and would be a good reason not to play for a coach as verbally abusive as fran is.
Try reading the articles in sports Illustrated and ESPN the magazine. I don't make this stuff up. Sorry you don't like it but his issues were well known and oft discussed.

Try reading the articles in sports Illustrated and ESPN the magazine. I don't make this stuff up. Sorry you don't like it but his issues were well known and oft discussed.

This is a direct quote from Nick Noskowiak via jsonline.com:

"I wasn't ever depressed or never saught treatment for depression... I had to get out of an abusive household and father."

alleged by who? do you ever feel bad that you have to continuously make stuff to draw attention to yourself on this site? the kids dad was abusive, that is well known. and would be a good reason not to play for a coach as verbally abusive as fran is.[

If I might add my own opinion, if anyone is making anything up it would be the allegation that Coach McCaffery is verbally abusive to his players. From the comments of the players themselves, and the retention rate, it seems like rather a stretch to make such an accusation. I suppose it comes from Fran's sideline demeanor, and that would be at most a matter of opinion. With nothing more than that to form such an opinion, it seems rational to me to say that McCaffery is a passionate coach trying to fire up his players during a game. I've seen plenty of highly regarded coaches do the same thing.

Oh, and, here's Noskowiak saying he was battling depression:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/288186021.html

Edit to add: Just trying to keep the facts out there. Not half of them. As to if the young man has some personal issues or not, that's between him and people actually involved. I hope he has a great life, but that the Hawkeyes beat the Clones on the court...mercilessly.

Last edited:
Noskowiak tweeted 10 days after the story cited by DanL53 that he was not, in fact, suffering from depression:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/goldeneagles/marquette-grants-release-to-basketball-recruit-nick-noskowiak-b99444793z1-291926831.html

Just to be clear, I believe that disclosing only half the story, as you did, was misleading. (Probably unintentional) Noskowiak himself said he was suffering from depression, later he denied it. Now the facts are on the table. Hooper wasn't making anything up.

Just to be clear, I believe that disclosing only half the story, as you did, was misleading. (Probably unintentional) Noskowiak himself said he was suffering from depression, later he denied it. Now the facts are on the table. Hooper wasn't making anything up.
The other fact is that bluehawk is a moron.

Reactions: DanL53
ADVERTISEMENT