ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Tim Miles regroups

nu2u

HR Legend
Aug 10, 2006
Miles is slowly putting together another competitive roster at Nebraska after falling hard this past season

Today, Anton Gill, a former Top50 SG, announced that he would transfer from Louisville to Nebraska.

Gill joins former Kansas SF Andrew White who previously transferred and will be eligible next season and 2015 4-star recruits PG Glynn Watson and PF Ed Morrow - both Illinois players also recruited by Iowa.

They're missing a Center. Otherwise, that line-up can score some points.

Last edited:
They're missing a Center. Otherwise, that line-up can score some points.

Why can they "score some points"? Gill averaged 2 PPG at Louisville. White averaged 2 PPG in both his seasons at Kansas. Were they highly touted coming out of HS? Sure. No evidence yet that either will be an impact player against high level college competition.

I agree with blockm2. I'm not sure high school rankings should carry over after two seasons of college ball. In the case of the kid from Louisville, he saw about ten mpg last season and shot miserably. How bad? Oglesby had a better 3 point percentage.

As to White, he only played in 18 games as a sophomore, granted he was caught behind some good players but even he only managed to connect on 25 of 44 threes last season, 32%. He does obviously like to shoot them. 113 minutes played, 44 three point attempts. Even in cleanup minutes that seems like a lot.

Who knows, maybe they will enjoy a better experience at Nebraska. As a team .284 from three on the season? So these guys combined won't make them any worse.

Also, you never can tell how all these guys are going to fit together. I am sure Miles thinks ok, either that or he is looking for a quick fix. It seems a lot of highly rated guys in HS that transfer out of college have a mentality of wanting to be "the man". So we'll see...

The window on the Huskers is closing fast. The arena isn't new anymore and things are somewhat stale.

The window on the Huskers is closing fast. The arena isn't new anymore and things are somewhat stale.

I don't know about that. The Huskers are only one year removed from an NCAA tourney invite (their first IIRC). I would agree that this past season left a bad vibe in Lincoln but I don't see Miles as being anywhere close to a hot seat.

I don't know about that. The Huskers are only one year removed from an NCAA tourney invite (their first IIRC). I would agree that this past season left a bad vibe in Lincoln but I don't see Miles as being anywhere close to a hot seat.

Miles isn't on the hot seat yet, but he sure did a lot to hurt his "great coach" image last year by losing control of his team and then throwing anyone he could blame under the bus. If the Huskers don't at least finish in the middle of the B1G, which won't be that easy, grumbling by the fans will begin. Nebraska is definitely a FB first school, so expectations aren't thru the roof for Miles.

Nebraska is 0-7 in the NCAA Tournament all time. Nebraska has played good/great basketball for about a 8-10 game stretch under Miles and that's it. The rest has been bad to awful with an occasional flash of OK.

Getting dressed in the hallway will probably increase their scoring averages. Miles is a genius.

Nebraska is 0-7 in the NCAA Tournament all time. Nebraska has played good/great basketball for about a 8-10 game stretch under Miles and that's it. The rest has been bad to awful with an occasional flash of OK.

Exactly-they got hot the last half of the 2013-14 conference season-other than that they ain't done crap under Miles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT