ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Your thoughts on gambling Lions HC Campbell going for and missing two 4th downs in FG range?

uihawk82

HR All-American
Nov 17, 2021
I think he had a chance to increase the Lions lead to 17 in the 3rd qtr with a FG but the4th down miss really ignited the 49ers who had just cut it to 24-10.

and then in the 4th qtr he passed up about a 45 yard fg try but the got stopped on 4th. weird call that late in the game

either fg goals maybe goes to overtime

first one was stupid. Half the 3rd Q is erased with zero progress for the 49ers if they kick that and make it 3 score game again. Also I mean scoring the TD it’s still 3 score game not like that makes it 4 score game. 49ers also looked dead and that stop gave them some sort of hope. Stupid decision.

first one was stupid. Half the 3rd Q is erased with zero progress for the 49ers if they kick that and make it 3 score game again. Also I mean scoring the TD it’s still 3 score game not like that makes it 4 score game. 49ers also looked dead and that stop gave them some sort of hope. Stupid decision.

I agree 100%. You stop the momentum right there. Instead you give a lift to the team and the crowd. Yikes...

That said. Reynolds needed to catch the dang ball

Meh….true to course, I’m willing to live with the coaches decision, but as we know, KF would have kicked…

But Ultimately, you’ve got to be who you are….

As my 19 year old said, if he gets it, he is right, if he doesn’t, he was wrong…

It’s #’s 1, 2 & 3 why I don’t lambaste coaches consistently on a message board. I’d have kicked, but, seriously it’s ok, to have your own thoughts, but so many make it personal. Like somehow it was more important to an obscure fan than the team and coach…..🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Moral
I think he had a chance to increase the Lions lead to 17 in the 3rd qtr with a FG but the4th down miss really ignited the 49ers who had just cut it to 24-10.

and then in the 4th qtr he passed up about a 45 yard fg try but the got stopped on 4th. weird call that late in the game

Agree, both of those decisions were wrong. On the road you kick the FGs.

Dumb and dumber.

This.

Was telling my wife even if they convert this it’s a dumb decision.

That is the kind of a Game that gets a HC fired, You kick the FG , You do not even think about it , That was a game the Lions needed to go full Kirk coming out of halftime, Run the clock , take the points and play defense. There is a time an a place to be aggressive and He doubled down on stupid to cover His first mistake and just kept on , That said You have to make some stops on Defense too. They need Cooper.

When they were standing on the field looking towards the sideline waiting to go for it I knew right then “these clowns are losing this game” just had a feeling this was going to happen haha.
Same here.

If he kicks that fg & goes up 27-10 that game is over. SF had no momentum & not much game left.

It was over if he kicks that fg.

It was over the other way when he didn’t.

That is the kind of a Game that gets a HC fired, You kick the FG , You do not even think about it , That was a game the Lions needed to go full Kirk coming out of halftime, Run the clock , take the points and play defense. There is a time an a place to be aggressive and He doubled down on stupid to cover His first mistake and just kept on , That said You have to make some stops on Defense too. They need Cooper.
Kind of like the Chiefs going full KF 2nd half.

Reactions: pmtdc

Lions blew their one and only chance to make the Super Bowl in my lifetime. Those decisions will haunt their coach for decades

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Fumbling the ball away immediately after SF scored a TD to cut it to 7 didn't help.
Definitely didn’t help. But after that crazy play before the TD to cut it to 7 you could definitely tell the pressure was now on the Lions. Crazy how fast things can snowball.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
The lions are young, have a great coach and a strong nucleus. They will make it there.
It's incredibly difficult to make the Super Bowl, unless you are KC or NE. Everything has to go perfectly to have a chance. Plus the NFC North will be really tough going forward.

I hope you are right, but I look at teams like Buffalo, Cincinnati, and Baltimore, hell even SF, and realize it's no gimme.

You know how i know you have no clue what you;re talking about?

Reactions: cmhawks99
In the moment I was in full Kirk mode (I might have even considered a punt LOL)... KICK THE FG the first time... get that 17 point lead back with 5ish minutes left in the 3rd quarter. You pay your kicker to do more than kick-offs and extra points.

I firmly believe if the Lions make that first FG, they win the game.

Reactions: uihawk82
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT