ADVERTISEMENT

Please name at least two players that

Hawk68

HR MVP
Oct 1, 2001
you think will be named all BIG first or second team at the end of the year. I will give you one and that would be Desmond King.

you think will be named all BIG first or second team at the end of the year. I will give you one and that would be Desmond King.

Not sure whether you mean two including Desmond King, or in addition to him. I would go with Drew Ott and Austin Blythe. Ott had 8 sacks and 12 tfls last year to go along with his 57 tackles. Blythe was second team all conference by the coaches last year.

Reactions: ichawk24
I'll speculate on a few long shots. I think Jordan Lomax is primed for a good year - he's my dark horse candidate. Another DL will make a lot of plays this year, possibly Johnson, but will probably have to wait another year. Jordan Walsh made a couple pre-season teams in 2014 (Steele had him 2nd team B10) and he has what? 20+ starts but he slid a bit so maybe he rebounds this year. Someone has to catch all those Beathard bombs -Tevaun Smith. Duzey had a real shot IMO but the injury makes him a big question mark, needs a miracle recovery. They have to choose a PK - why not Koehn.

I said long shots.

Last edited:
King and Ott on defense

Offense I will say (Blythe and Krieger Coble)
None of our Skill positions (Wr & RB & QBs) will make it anywhere near an all conference team.

1. Ott - Could be most dominant defensive player in the B1G West
2. Blythe
3. Duzey -Depends on his health
4. King
5. Lomax
6. Koehn
7. CJ
8. T. Smith

King, Ott, Blythe....

Other than that I am having trouble coming up with names. I suppose if Tevaun Smith has the type of season that his talent tells us he can then yes. However, Iowa will throw to him twice a game.

1. Desmond King
2 Drew Ott
3. Austin Blythe
4. Jordan Lomax
5. CJ Beathard
6.Jake Duzey (patella pending)
7. Jaleel Johnson
8. Greg Mabin
9. Tevaun Smith

Just based off last years posts I think CJB. He was NFL ready last year according to the Gurus of Rivals.

I like Jaleel Johnson as my pick. Outside of the obvious, King, Ott and Blythe.

In addition to King, Ott and Blythe.

I like Jaleel Johnson as a dark horse.

Lomax also has a decent shot.
Your list pretty much summarizes how I see it. I'd add that I think that Walsh has the sort of talent to put himself on the list too - we'll see if he can continue to refine his game and make a few more steps in his development.

Yeah Johnson can be a stud if he puts it all together this year. I thought at times last year he looked better than Davis. He looked quicker and looked like the better pass rusher.

ADVERTISEMENT