ADVERTISEMENT

Podcast with Coach Francis talking hoops

Thank you, that was an enjoyable listen.

The thing I came away with, as always it seems, the guys it sounds like the staff are really looking at for victories this year are the upper classmen. There always seems to be a big push to have the players go out their senior years obviously as leaders, but in addition as the guts of the team.

As fans, sometimes I think we get caught up talking about the new players. But it would not surprise me at all that this time next year we're wondering, "How do we replace Mike? Anthony? Etc." And about that time while we are also plugging in Pemsl and whoever else we get in 2016, the coaches will be looking at the 2015 guys and measuring their development.

Recruit, retain, develop. Like White's senior year, Gatens, and the way the coaching staff is talking...Uthoff's?

This will be our 3rd straight strong senior group....should be another Dance bid team....after this season we could have a down year or two without strong upperclass-led teams.

Big 10 is so strong this year. I think if we get to the dance that it will have been a very good year.

Reactions: Vbeachawk
Listening ... I got the feeling of the incoming freshman ...Wagner & Moss may have the best chance of making an early impact..but thats' my ears...and its early...but Francis did say Moss has that chance.

Francis has always been a positive impact guy ... even when things are not going as well as anyone would like...liked his take on Woodbury...I would suggest Francis would take exception of the description "bust".

I also liked the comment (when asked about taking talent/me type guy or a less talent/but all team player)...I think it surprised Brent when he said he would take the talent ... this coaching staff is confident they can mold young men....and have done so very effectively.

We are fortunate to finally have a Head Coach and staff that know what they are doing and doing it the right way....playing in one tough SOB of a conference. Doesn't get any better than that...the B1G is not the MVC.

Haven't had a chance to listen to it. Other than Wagner & Moss, who did Coach Francis think would be a possible contributer this year for the freshman? Any thought on Jones?

They didn't talked about the new guys until the last 30 mins of the show... I think he like Fleming too for transferring to Oak Hill to play better competition and against better players for playing time. Andrew liked all the incoming class, wasn't sure he touch on Jones too much.

They didn't talked about the new guys until the last 30 mins of the show... I think he like Fleming too for transferring to Oak Hill to play better competition and against better players for playing time. Andrew liked all the incoming class, wasn't sure he touch on Jones too much.

We talked about Jones. Asked a specific question about him. Said he isn't Aaron White. Different player. Can shoot it and score on the block.

He talked pretty glowingly about Brady and his deadly shooting. I expect him to be a significant piece to the puzzle next season.

ADVERTISEMENT