ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: 2015 incoming freshman: which player ends season with most PT?

2015 freshman PT

• Ahmad Wagner

Votes: 68 41.0%
  • Andrew Fleming

Votes: 31 18.7%
  • Christion Williams

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Isian Moss

Votes: 53 31.9%
  • Brandon Hutton

Votes: 11 6.6%

• Total voters

nu2u

HR Legend
Aug 10, 2006
With the remainder of this Spring, all of this Summer, and most of next Fall before us prior to the start of next season, it is indeed way too early to speculate about how and where the incoming freshman recruits fit into the Hawkeye's plan for 2015-16. Nevertheless....

For the record, I'm guessing Andrew Fleming (at least early) because IMO he is the most all-around developed player right now, plays smart, and can be used at a multiple positions. However, a valid argument can be made for any of the 5 (with the possible exception of Williams IMO who will take a redshirt, I think).

Whoever can rebound and play interior defense the best. Hopefully Wagner.

With gesell, Clemmons, ellingson, jok, uhl uthoff, it's going to be tougher for guards and wings to get early pt imo.

For the record, I'm guessing Andrew Fleming (at least early) because IMO he is the most all-around developed player right now, plays smart, and can be used at a multiple positions. However, a valid argument can be made for any of the 5 (with the possible exception of Williams IMO who will take a redshirt, I think).

My guess is AF as well bc there is time to earn behind Jok and I also think he is the most game ready day 1. He, BE and new guys will be battling for minutes at the 2. I think picking up Dale Jones may keep Wagner from getting as many minutes as I originally thought but with no one behind Woody maybe I am wrong there.

Also, I don't think Williams takes a red shirt. I believe the plan is for him to be able to play the 1 (like Dev) and with Mike/Sap moving on after this season Fran will want him to get minutes playing the point so he isn't so green that next season. If anyone takes a red shirt my guess is it will be Hutton.

Looks like Wagner is the run away leader for most playing time among HR members. It does make some sense given the vacancy created by graduating forwards White and Olaseni.

Interesting. I'd have thought the addition of Jones and attempts to put weight on Uthoff would have made it closer.

Interesting. I'd have thought the addition of Jones and attempts to put weight on Uthoff would have made it closer.
I agree Dan. When listening to coach Francis' interview, he made a point of valuing returning experience and included Jones in that category. Other newcomers have promise but Moss's offense was the only thing he noted as "ready".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT