ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Brain Damage cause

What is more likely to cause brain damage?

• Reading posts by Thomas Barnes

Votes: 77 84.6%
  • Smoking weed

Votes: 14 15.4%

• Total voters
Could this be the first time HROTers are unanimously united on one issue?

giphy.gif

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/does-marijuana-harm-the-brain/

Reality Check—Cannabis use has been found to:

• Cause dependence, at some point in their lives, in about 9 percent of people who try it.

• Impair various aspects of cognitive function, particularly memory. Impairments can remain for several days. One study showed that performance returns to nonusers' levels after 28 days of abstinence, but evidence is mixed about how long the impairments last.

• Potentially reduce the volume of the hippocampus, which is critical for memory—but only after heavy and prolonged use. The evidence linking cognitive impairments to specific brain changes is inconclusive, and the degree to which such changes are reversible is hotly debated.

I think I need 28 days of abstinence from TB's posting to reach a definitive conclusion, but for now am voting for TB

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/does-marijuana-harm-the-brain/

Reality Check—Cannabis use has been found to:

• Cause dependence, at some point in their lives, in about 9 percent of people who try it.

• Impair various aspects of cognitive function, particularly memory. Impairments can remain for several days. One study showed that performance returns to nonusers' levels after 28 days of abstinence, but evidence is mixed about how long the impairments last.

• Potentially reduce the volume of the hippocampus, which is critical for memory—but only after heavy and prolonged use. The evidence linking cognitive impairments to specific brain changes is inconclusive, and the degree to which such changes are reversible is hotly debated.

I think I need 28 days of abstinence from TB's posting to reach a definitive conclusion, but for now am voting for TB

Thank you! The smart choice got two votes at least . People are just doing this to get me going so I do not really care. It was a funny poll from what I have been told about people around here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT