ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Elect Our Next King (or Queen)

Vote for up to 3 candidates who would be acceptable to you as our king or queen.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
Vote for up to 3 candidates that you could approve of as our next king or queen.

The one with the most approval votes wins, unless it's "None of the above."

Would it make any difference to the Jon Snow supporters if he is resurrected by Red Lord blood magic?

In a more serious vein, even though I like Jon Snow, too, it's hard to think of many of his decisions that were particularly good. He's gotten lots of Crows and Wildings killed. He hasn't inspired many followers. He doesn't seem to have a plan.

I would choose Stannis. He has made it clear he will do what is "best for the realm". Although I likely wouldn't agree with him on many things, he would certainly get things done. Unlike Cersei, he wouldn't put the Sparrows in charge, but he would listen to them, a la the witch.

Snow is too inexperienced and emotional. His decision to go North was not out of necessity against the White's, it was pure emotional need/longing for his dead love.

I don't think Vaerys, nor Little Finger have interest in actually ruling. They are perfectly suited behind the scenes, and would be valuable as such. Tyrion falls in to this same role, a great advisor, but not meant to be the leader.

Arya is a child and I'm not sure why included over many other characters. I would choose Doran Martell at this point over any other than Stannis.

Daenarys may get there, she is incredibly idealistic, but still too emotional. Her + Varys + Tyrion would be extremely formidable, and I would choose that trio over Stannis.

ADVERTISEMENT