ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: solution to the problem of racism and global warming?

How do you get rid of racists while lowering CO2?

• self-hating white people commit suicide

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • agree with the first choice

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HRiscool

HR Heisman
Feb 28, 2007
a9cO0jW.jpg

Natural, quick quiz for ya. Look at this pic.

11224433_673542342776597_9056872500811271752_n.jpg

Have you ever asked a fellow lib why you guys burn American flags, but ya never burn confederate flags? Ya gotta admit that's messed up.

Natural, quick quiz for ya. Look at this pic.

11224433_673542342776597_9056872500811271752_n.jpg

Have you ever asked a fellow lib why you guys burn American flags, but ya never burn confederate flags? Ya gotta admit that's messed up.
I'm not sure I've ever witnesses a flag burning in person. Most I see are done by conservatives in the Middle East. But the reasoning for burning the flag of any country is to get attention to more demonstrably express disapproval of something that country is doing. No one is out burning the Prussian or Ottoman flags either. If the confederacy was a nation acting on their founding principles, I would hope we would be burning a lot of their flags. The world must be one giant mystery to you, you ask such obvious questions.

Last edited:
It really is obvious, and a complete straw man. It is akin to all of the other, "what you do is bad, or worse, so we get to keep doing it!" It is an especially worthless argument when the person comparing the two bad things doesn't think the compared-to bad thing is bad.

For example: HRiscool is ok with the confederate flag, but abhors the idea of burning the American Flag...................so he compares the two thinking it makes his point.

I would believe that burning the US flag, by Americans, is to show disgust/distrust/anger towards something America has done, or stands for. I can see why that would upset someone that believes in those very things it stands for.

But, if the confederate flag is used to say, "You n****** aren't welcome here", or, "The south was better back then with slavery", or whatever, that is vastly different than the above. It is an attack on specific people regarding specific things.....because of their race.

Who is the flag-burning attacking? Soldiers? Americans in general?

Anyways, I am completely ok with both, feel free to waive your confederate flags, I think it is akin to Aldo Raine's requirement that nazis either wear their uniforms forever or get a swastika carved in their forehead. The same reason I like those pledges that Huckabee/Santorum signed, it publicly lets us know your feelings that you might otherwise keep hidden.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT