ADVERTISEMENT

Post your oddball recriting links!

Apparently there were quite a few who saw Christian as a Point:

The more I watch 6'6 Christian Williams, the more I think he projects as a 1 in college; a distributor on offense & a nightmare defensively.

Originally posted by hooper56:
Apparently there were quite a few who saw Christian as a Point:

The more I watch 6'6 Christian Williams, the more I think he projects as a 1 in college; a distributor on offense & a nightmare defensively.
The guy that wrote that, Joe Stokowski, is a scouting guy for Prep Hoops Illinois. Has been doing it for six years so he's seen a little basketball.

Isiah Moss:

http://isaiahmoss.com/

http://highschoolcubenews.com/2014/11/02/simeons-isaiah-moss-commits-iowa/

Just have to wonder if playing unselfish with the likes of Morrow, Norvell and Williams might have damaged Isaiah's stock evaluation. But looking at where it was last summer? I say buy while it is low as I suspect it will rise once again when he is a Hawkeye.

I talked to two people who have seen him play. One was not really sold on the kid, said he would be a nice pickup but would take a few years to develop. The other guy raved about him and said he was vastly underrated in him opinion. Thought the Hawks were getting a real steal. Guess which guy I believe?

I talked to two people who have seen him play. One was not really sold on the kid, said he would be a nice pickup but would take a few years to develop. The other guy raved about him and said he was vastly underrated in him opinion. Thought the Hawks were getting a real steal. Guess which guy I believe?

The second guy? Count me in as believing that as well. Personally, I am not hoping, I'm expecting, that about three of the new guys will end up huge gets. And I'm not discounting the notion that with hard work all of them could have good college careers. The trick will be who buys into what Fran is selling when they get here.

Past results, to me? Guys like Ingram and Meyer, even Dickerson, could have been on the court already had they put the work in. Do I EXPECT all six to make it? No, but with McCaffery's eye for talent...well, it's a circular thing. The CAN, they might not, but some sure as heck will turn out dang good. And that's just playing the odds.

Yes, you never know which kids are going to come in and be willing to work HARD. Because that's what it takes, no matter how great your talent is.

Yes, you never know which kids are going to come in and be willing to work HARD. Because that's what it takes, no matter how great your talent is.

The first lesson of sports. Or it should be anyway. 2015/16 starts tomorrow, right? :)

Reactions: hooper56
You are right but I think it comes as a shock to a lot of kids. Most were the best athlete on their team and things came fairly easy to them. They get to college and cannot believe the speed and intensity of the game. Some just don't know what it means to work hard all the time. As good as Whitey was, I think he had to learn this.

I agree that everyone is going to have their opinion of the new hawks.

The thing to remember is these kids are going to be Freshman. They are going to have their ups & downs next season. I mean Tremble at Maryland had some great games and also some awful games this year and he was a 4-5 star guard.

I like the fact that we return a lot of scoring next year, so these guys will not be counted on to come in right away and rely on them scoring tons of points. If they can come in and get some valuable PT minutes and contribute here and there the hawks will be just fine.

I think Wagner & Moss are going to be the two best players. I like flemmings shot & Huttons Defensive ability. I think this class (not highly rated) will be very successful at Iowa.

Hopefully it gets pointed out to next year's class and from here on out to all signed recruits, by example of Wisconsin does, by having some players take a redshirt year. Then also point out what patience can do in waiting your turn with Frank Kaminsky as an example. Then once that traditon gets built up at Iowa you can mention your own success stories.

I think that at least 2 "new" players WILL be counted on to be big contributors next year. Fran likes to play 8-9 and that means it'll be time to play with the big boys for some wide-eyed newcomer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT